Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some kind of rubber padding between the swivel brackets and where it bolts to the body?
Is it just metal to metal contact?

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Meisk. Yes, thats the hinge, and I don't think there's anything in between the hinge and the body.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
No, there is nothing between the hinges and the body.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could that 1a475 number be the support inside the body that is used to support the hinge? Looks like 1478 is the actual hinge.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have my original tire carrier. I just sanded it down and painted. Gondal, if you're not using yours and have all the pieces, you should sell it on eBay. You will get a good price!

Current one on EBAY.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a longer j bolt and L bar for the stock carrier for holding larger spare (35") than stock? The stock L bar barely sticks out enough to hold tire and the j bolt is to short by at least an inch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a longer j bolt and L bar for the stock carrier for holding larger spare (35") than stock? The stock L bar barely sticks out enough to hold tire and the j bolt is to short by at least an inch.
I think the wheel is the bigger issue than the tire. I have a 35x12.5 on my tire carrier and didn't have any issues with the L bracket or J bolt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts