Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a way to secure my full size spare tire in the bed and still be able to use the rear seat, latch a tailgate and still have storage room. With a 35" tire, you don't have many options. This is what I did.

With scrap metal I took a flat plate, some square blanks, a 90* bent piece of 2" tube, a rectangular blank and some 1/2-20 bolts and made this.

Which sits the tire up at an anlge maximizing the space

I got a bunch of these at Sims for $15 and they are great for random jobs like this

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cool man nice and simple.

I embarked on another custom fab for my DD today yay me....dang it :banghead

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire at 90* would maximize space even more.....jk looks good.
I know you meant this jokingly but for those that don't know, you can't stand a 35" tire up inside the bed and still close the tailgate with the seat down.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Doesn't matter. It is still good and accurate added info. :)

I could barely fit my 33 standing up.

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
I can stand it up behind the seat but it blocks my vision. I know the OP meant in the factory location not side to side. I am looking at a mount similar with an expanded metal deck right above for everyday cargo. Perhaps flush with the bed sides with a F150 tailgate and a simple pad lock system or hidden release for running no top or soft top. Like a Stuffy Jeep trunk.

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
Nice maybe his tire's true OD is greater.....or he didn't slam the tail gate hard enough. I still like his idea for running topless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts