Thanks Miesk. That's exactly what I was looking for. Mine is missing that bar. I also have a piece of square tube that will fit it perfectly.yo Olds,
Swing-Away, Type 2 (87-90) pic w/Parts Identification
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/544460
Publication Date: March 28, 1990
LIGHT TRUCK: 1990 BRONCO
ISSUE: High latching and operating efforts of the swing-away spare tire carrier may be caused by a lack of lubrication on the latch and striker assemblies.
ACTION: Lubricate the swing-away spare tire carrier latch and striker assemblies. Refer to the following procedure for service details.
1. Make sure the spare tire carrier is latched. Both the primary and secondary latches must be engaged.
2. Spray multi-purpose grease (D7AZ-19584-AA) onto the latch mechanism located on the vertical bar of the swing-away carrier.
3. Make sure the tailgate striker is in the full up position and square. Do not allow striker misalignment.
4. Close the carrier.
* Both the primary and secondary positions must be latched.
* If the carrier does not latch, re-adjust the tailgate striker as required.
5. Lubricate the roll pin on the striker and the portion of the striker which engages the rubber sleeve on the carrier.
PART NUMBER PART NAME
D7AZ-19584-AA Multi-Purpose Grease
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Basic Warranty Coverage
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
900713A Lubricate Tire Carrier 0.4 Hr.
Swing-Away, Type 2 (87-90) Removal pics in an 89
Source: by Tim C (TnTbronco2, Trail Truck, Street Truck, Crazed, Broke, OoG) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/1725/9472