Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought this carrier off eBay, the mounts are in rough shape so I removed the carrier to put them on my mounts (I have the mounts, no carrier). When removing it, I noticed the hinge bolts have a washer/sleeve around them. Anyone know if these are available for purchase or if there's a good alternative anyone has used? I was thinking a polyurethane bushing or some sort if I could find one that fits?

Here’s the sleeves I’m referring to...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case someone finds this useful in the future, here is a diagram with the part # I was looking for. PN 387399-S is what I needed and found on Ebay.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,146 Posts
so you were able to find them? How much did they set you back?? For some reason I thought those were brass or sort of metal.Maybe I'm thinking of a different pat of the hinge.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you were able to find them? How much did they set you back?? For some reason I thought those were brass or sort of metal.Maybe I'm thinking of a different pat of the hinge.
Yessir! I ordered 2, $8/ea. I figure I'd give it a try. There were some on Ebay. Some sort of plastic material. I'm trying to decide if I need that tire rack swing adjuster on JBG.com...but $135. Yikes. Seems convenient, though. I imagine that carrier can be a pain in the butt especially with a bigger tire on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.