Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Bronco Graveyard they told me to call someone else who didnt have the parts I needed. Couldn't find their page that has parts for the carrier.
On the tailgate proper there is the latch catch, on it there is a catch bolt with a hard plastic cover over it, Need that catch bolt that has a T40 bolt head that goes in the Spare Wheel carrier Support #1469.
Also Looking for some small bushings on the carrier (1433) and the rubber that surrounds the tire carrier and keeps it from rattling.
Took it all apart and sent it to get powder-coated today.
Anyone know of a place to get parts? or a link to look at?
Thanks, will be subsribing :whiteflag

Item 3, item 11 maybe and in item 5 there are two small bushings:

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Item 11 is just a sticky plastic pad. Probably can get some pool liner or the liner they put in bathrooms to use as a replacement.

junkyard for number 5

not sure about number 3, I got mine throught ford, they got it from a wholesaler that buys all teh discontinued stock from ford and sells it on the open market. somewhere out in the west.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder why Bronco Graveyard didn't want to talk yesterday?
Today I found on their site a whole tailgate latch assy for the swing away tire carrier.
I got it all back together last night, looks great all powder coated satin black :)
Thanks guys for the help and the tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Item 11 is just a sticky plastic pad. Probably can get some pool liner or the liner they put in bathrooms to use as a replacement.

junkyard for number 5

not sure about number 3, I got mine throught ford, they got it from a wholesaler that buys all teh discontinued stock from ford and sells it on the open market. somewhere out in the west.
I need part number 8. I can't find it anywhere? Any suggestions??

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,538 Posts
Welcome to another exciting 'install'ment of Thread Resurrection Theatre!:rofl:

Have you tried junk yards? I saw one on a craptastic rig getting parted out a month ago near where I am. If not locally, try the website Row52.com. They'll locate what you want, quote you a part price, labor price and shipping price, and you say yes or no. I haven't used it myself, I chase my own parts because time on my hands, but if there's nothing local, they can pick and ship it to you.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,407 Posts
I need part number 8. I can't find it anywhere? Any suggestions??
I found mine on ebay. Twice. :brownbag Be aware that they changed styles along the way & the wrong one won't work. I think the change was between 89 & 90. The drawing you quoted is the later style.

Early style.

Early style part number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts