Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 Bronco with a 5.8 V8. Looking for recommendations on a spark plug wire set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Ford performance/racing 9mm plug wires. There are several members on here including myself who run them

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,525 Posts
I prefer the Ford Race 9mm wires. It's not a big deal but I do like that they are numbered, so removing them to make adjustments, install things, etc. means you don't have to mark 'em or trace 'em back in the right place when you're buttoning up. My Dad's been using NAPA's flagship 8mm's and they've been fine too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like ford performance wires as well. I've had them a several different fords and they're nice for the money.

I have msd superconductors on my bronco and they are very nice. I think they have a bit nicer jacketing/boots with multi angle adjustment than the FPP wires but they are definitely more expensive.

if I ever replace the msds I'll probably just get the ford wires. Perform just as well and are quite a bit cheaper

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm with the herd on the Ford wires. They seem a tick longer than they need to be, but nothing that can't be cured with routing and separators. Also if you're running headers, get heat sleeves for the plug boots.

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
Yo Broncosaurus83,
As advised, 9mm Ford Racing and 9 mm Wire Looms

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm running the Ford Performance wires - I was ordering a bunch of stuff for the 95 from Summit so I bought 'em. They seem to be good quality for the money - but I actually prefer custom fit wires.

@cobrajoe Will probably back me up. It's not hard to cut / terminate spark wire ends. It allows you to run different angle boots on different plugs (helpful with headers etc) and it allows you to run the wires EXACTLY how you want them routed with no big loops of slack etc.

I'm a Taylor wire fan - have been for a long time.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Easy to run them neatly, running them the crossfire preventative route also helps take a little slack out. Please excuse the dirty engine lol

·
36,525 Posts
They're also available in Ford Blue... 🤓

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 302K miles
905 Posts
Yo @BikerPepe` you left out the "Under God", in your Pledge of Allegiance!!!!

·
36,525 Posts
yea, well... I lost my faith when I lost my boy. ymmv.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 302K miles
905 Posts
My deepest Condolences, Sorry for you and your family.

·
36,525 Posts
He didn't die. Thought you were around for that. He was taken from my life by my X, her family and the courts. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. That is all the more reason to put the man above back into your life and the "Pledge". Never give up! Do you give up on your Bronco? I don't know the whole story here but things will come around sooner or later you will see, but you need the Faith and determination to see it through to the end. My daughter finally came around but I'm sure my story is different than yours, but it was great to see it all unfold before my eyes. I've had other things in my life happen that have been going on for many years but I still haven't lost hope and still Believe. Good luck buddy and Believe!!!

·
36,525 Posts
Not the time or place but I appreciate the kind words and encouragement @Stevo440

1 - 20 of 20 Posts