Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure when this happened or how long the guys who helped me went without noticing this very big problem. but i went to the BKO today to try to get her moving and hook the 4 wheel shifter back up so i could take her out and make sure everything was working fine. yea she was turning but not firing. all of you know im stupid when it comes to the bronco. someone had told me the order of elimination that i should go in when trying to figure out why she was not firing up. so i was looking and looking and testing and trying to figure it out when on top of the distributer (sp) cap i notice that the center is exposed and another top is exposed. i start looking through my bronco book and reading and what not and then i figure it out. DUH something is suppose to be there! i go to advanced and i but the pack of wires and i start changing then out one by one tracing and mentally marking what i had done. i get to the very last one that needs to be changed for the spark plugs and its the one that was exposed. tracked down where it went. then i get stumped. what is the center one for? no more spark plugs to hook it to. cable is to short for that. each end says the same thing...i start calling around to my friends. figure out it goes to the ignition coil. where is the ignition coil? everyone tells me something different. DARN! i eventually find it after kicking the bronco a few times and hitting it with a hammer in anger. (my patience is at 0 at the moment) plug it up and fire her up. first time she fires for a sec and then cuts off. fire her up again and hit the acc. a few times. she runs. but i cant get over the fact that my wires went magically missing. but never the less......SHES ALIVE!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i took your wires, and u can have them back with the wiring diagram for a mere $2,000,000, it is the least you can do for your truck, so if u ever want to hear ur engine rev up again, send the ransom money to me via my swis bank acount..

....well maybe an exateration, but yea it could happen if u got someone stupid enough

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha spending 50.00 at advanced was alot cheaper than what you want so you can keep them as a gift from me to you haha :).

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
I bet it was Nate... give him one of these next time :slap

Even if it wasn't, it'll still make you feel 'mo bettah :thumbup
:lolup :lolup :lolup

If it wasnt Nate, Then it was someone that did nt want you to move the Bronco, for wattever reason. I am glad to hear "SHE'S ALIVE!".....

Good going on figuring the problem and getting her fixed....:thumbup Even though, the Bronco might have a few unnessary Hammer "Marks"....:histerica

TBronco58 said:
i took your wires, and u can have them back with the wiring diagram for a mere $2,000,000, it is the least you can do for your truck, so if u ever want to hear ur engine rev up again, send the ransom money to me via my swis bank acount..
TB, Maybe if your ransom wasnt so high, we could make a small collection and get you the money and a helicopter, so you can make a clean get away.. :histerica

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
Glad to hear she is alive and running............. I think the ford trolls took the wires.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts