Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll, ive used the search and couldnt find anything relevant to my question, anyways, i have a rebult 351w EFI with 10,000 miles mild cam, what should i GAP the plugs to?

·
Super Moderator
26,951 Posts
yo,
For Ford recommended gap see your Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal; Contains Vacuum Diagram & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP. On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel; Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list." Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker). Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover. Suggest Right Clicking this Hot Link & Open in New Window
Source: by Ford at motorcraftservice.com
Typically, Ford shows Plug is AWSF-32C & Gap Shown is .042-046

Sixlitre Tune-Up Info (scroll through pages to view more tips, especially on Page 5); "...Yes, stock timing is 10 degrees, I find optimum timing to be almost exactly 13.5 but you can play around until you notice ping and then back off 2 degrees if you want to, and/or tune by vacuum if you care to. Cheapest Autolites money can buy, nuthin' platinum, nuthin' fancy, just set out to .055 gap..."; miesk5 Note, Vac Cannister info is for vacuum advance distributors by Sixlitre (Malcolm H, Eddie Bauer) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63592&highlight=Sixlitre+tuneup&page=3

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
I run motorcraft plugs gapped at .055 - idles like a champ....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yo,
For Ford recommended gap see your Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal; Contains Vacuum Diagram & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP. On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel; Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list." Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker). Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover. Suggest Right Clicking this Hot Link & Open in New Window
Source: by Ford at motorcraftservice.com

Typically, Ford shows Plug is AWSF-32C & Gap Shown is .042-046

Sixlitre Tune-Up Info (scroll through pages to view more tips, especially on Page 5); "...Yes, stock timing is 10 degrees, I find optimum timing to be almost exactly 13.5 but you can play around until you notice ping and then back off 2 degrees if you want to, and/or tune by vacuum if you care to. Cheapest Autolites money can buy, nuthin' platinum, nuthin' fancy, just set out to .055 gap..."; miesk5 Note, Vac Cannister info is for vacuum advance distributors by Sixlitre (Malcolm H, Eddie Bauer) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63592&highlight=Sixlitre+tuneup&page=3
so according to that tune up article ^ if i am replacing cap, rotor, coil and wires, the plugs they shouls be gapped at .55... but i am only just replacing the plugs, so does the gap still be .55?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
I didn't know if it was a stocker with a stock type ignition system or a wild pro built motor, I would go with the stock gap setting if it is all stock or close to it-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts