Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so im planning on replacing my front 2 speakers and i believe that they are 5 1/4's but im not totally sure. when i searched i saw that some people said that they are 6 1/2's and whatnot but ive also heard that they are 5 1/4's.

im wanting to put some sony xplod's up front and they have 6 1/2's and 5 1/4's which size would surely fit? would the 6 1/2's be too deep???

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
they are 6.5" speakers, for fitment on specific speakers, check crutchfield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your best bet is to take the door panel off and check for yourself. The 6 1/2" speakers i had would not fit in my '96 until i opened up the stock speaker location using a ball-peen hammer.

Mike

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i replaced the stock speakers when i first got the truck with some duraband speakers. and i believe that they are 5 1/4's but im not sure.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
I put 6.5" speakers in my doors. I would stay away from Sony Xplods, I have heard that they arent one of the better speakers. I am running Pioneer 4 ways and they are clear as ...clear. If you want good speakers, get some Boston Accoustics are supposedly one of the top speakers.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i run xplods and they are fine. i run them in the rear and the front

·
Registered
30 Posts
I replaced the speakers in my '82 and my '93 both were 6.5 in size. I used Polk Audio both times and was happy with the results. If you buy from crutchfield.com I believe they kick in adapters so that you plug in whatever speaker without having to cut the original door plugs. Hope this helps:thumbup

·
Registered
80 Posts
the door speakers are 6.5's.... and sony xplodes are for lack of a better term are a big steaming pile of crap........ anything would be a better choice....

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
I have Sony Xplodes and they sound fine. Maybe not the best money can buy, but a huge improvement over stock.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
I run my xplods through there own amp and they do well. they sound better with more power then without. if i had it my way i would have infintis in it but i dont need to spend that much on speakers

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i went to best buy today and found some awesome pioneers that im gonna put in. and on the best buy system it said that 6 1/2's fit but man it just doesnt look like they do but i if yall say so then they will thanks for the help guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts