Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it as simple as removing the stock speaker grills? Do the grills snap on and off?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
The door speakers, for more working room it is easier to remove the door panel.

The rears, the speaker grill pops off, i just use a flathead to get it started.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
And if you only take the rear grill off, the fourth screw on the speaker is still obscured by the panel. You can reach it, but it is a bit of PITA.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Steve83 said:
Don't try to remove the front door grilles - take the whole panel off. Be careful with the rear ones - the tabs are easy to break. It's not much more work to remove the entire bedwall panel, and there's no risk of breaking anything.

i learned the hard way with the both front and rear speakers :doh0715:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking at replacing the speakers in my Bronco. I think I'll remove the bedwall covers after reading this thread. I do have a question on the kind of speakers to replace. Some speakers don't fit exactly in size or screw matching. Is there any make and model of after market speakers for the front and back that anyone recommends that will fit nicely?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My rear speaker grilles on my 91 just unscrew and then the speaker comes out with the grille and I have to unscrew from there...and I had to take the door off...I have 2 12' MTX's and with the windows up it rattles fairly bad in there any Ideas on where I can dynamat??

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Steve83 said:
Any brand as long as they're 6x8"/5x7". The ones that don't fit are 6x9".

Yeah, was a shame, I was given a nice pair of Eclipse 6x9's... I made em fit :toothless

I have 2 12' MTX's and with the windows up it rattles fairly bad in there any Ideas on where I can dynamat??
Everywhere. Duh. If you're looking to get rid of the rattles, have fun, thats going to be a long and tedious task of blasting it, listening around, and covering stuff up and replacing panels only to do it all over again.

Easiest way, get a @#$^ load of dynamat, gut the truck, and put it EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My friend dynomatted every inch of his Ramcharger and the thing still rattles. :doh0715:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Thats because it's a ramcharger :duh

To fix stuff like that, I've had to put screws through metal before and put a little piece of wood on the other side to pull panels out, and wedge spacers into tight areas and stuff.

Like I said, it's a LONG and tedious task, but when you're done, it's all definitely worth the effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts