Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a 96 FSB and wanted to change out the speakers I have in the doors and midpanels. In there I have now is a set of Rockfordfosgates and not really liking the response Im getting from them so Im lookijn around online at different speakers I got my eyes on Audiobahns. But I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about them I will get the info and it up later~Kyle

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
im running power accoustics compontents in front and rear, being powered with a kicker 200.2:rockon

sounds good for the price, no good mid punch:cry ...do have 2 kicker L12 in back with 2 kx 1200.1:rockon good punch :thumbup

had Audiobahn 10's, didnt like there sound. so i didnt buy there compontents

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
I am running boston acoustic replacements with a pioneer deh-6800mp head unit and it is as clear and as responsive as i could ever want.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Im looking at gettin alpines but gotta save up a little. I was looking at the boston acustics but i and save 30 bucks by getting the alpines and the man said there wasnt much diff. But since your so pleased with them you got me wondering. And im also going to dynamat the doors.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
whatever you end up getting, you will be much happier with the result if you add some insulation, acoustical baffling to the mounting areas.

i have 6.1 in the bko currently and it sounded like poot until i got to sound deadening stuck to sheetmetal, and in the doors and by the kickpanel on the floor.

if you spend the time for some custom enclosures you will be much happier with the result. i had to go that route, cause the truck gets wet inside all the time.

check out crutchfield, they are pretty good with things. they are not the cheapest, but easiest to deal with.
at least from my perspective they were.

my 1.5 cents

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
from a guy that live and breathes music and sound

JL audio, hands down

then i'd go with memphis, maybe alpine or kicker

if you are gonna power them w/ a head unit, 100watts is fine
if you are powering them w/ an amp, i'd got 180watts or more

as far as head units go, pioneer premier or eclipse

and if you are looking for more bass, get subs

for rock, i'd go w/ 10's
for all around 12's
for strictly rap 15's

even if you dont like alot of bass, subs make everythign soudn alot better, the feel of a sub hitting to beat of a bass drum during a rock song is awesome

·
Registered
173 Posts
FordbyFord said:
Hey all I have a 96 FSB and wanted to change out the speakers I have in the doors and midpanels. In there I have now is a set of Rockfordfosgates and not really liking the response Im getting from them so Im lookijn around online at different speakers I got my eyes on Audiobahns. But I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about them I will get the info and it up later~Kyle
Are you running an amp? How much are you looking to spend? I run rockford components front and rear in mine and am really happy with them. I also have a rockford amp driving them. If your not running an amp and are on a budget, the infinity reference speakers I installed in my wifes truck sound really good and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I've heard some audiobahn's and they are ok, but IMO and money allows, I'd lean toward mb quart, infinity, or boston acoustics. Just my .02

·
Registered
983 Posts
JL Audio or Kicker is all i've ever run in any of my cars, both systems sound good and hit hard.
if you want serious bass, get a couple w7's or a couple 15'' solos from kicker. either way you're going to need some serious power to push them, but holy shit are they loud. probably going to need a capacitor with a setup like that also, unless you want to run dual battery and high output alternator.

·
Registered
940 Posts
BroncoSka said:
whatever you end up getting, you will be much happier with the result if you add some insulation, acoustical baffling to the mounting areas.

i have 6.1 in the bko currently and it sounded like poot until i got to sound deadening stuck to sheetmetal, and in the doors and by the kickpanel on the floor.

if you spend the time for some custom enclosures you will be much happier with the result. i had to go that route, cause the truck gets wet inside all the time.

check out crutchfield, they are pretty good with things. they are not the cheapest, but easiest to deal with.
at least from my perspective they were.

my 1.5 cents

:stupid
i have pretty crappy speakers, but i took the time to deaden the door sheetmetal and used those xtc foam baffles. it sounds pretty good. much better than before. its also cheaper than new speakers.
in the rear i ripped out the stock sidepanels when i herc'ed, so i had to make my own speaker enclosures. i sealed them up and they sound way better than the same drivers in the stock brackets.
my 2¢

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool cool I have the Audiobahn 12" subs powered by a A8002T (400 watts @ 2 Ohms) I want to dynomat my doors and mid pannels Just so I dont have to hear everything on the outside of my truck and also reduce vibrations but the Speakers I am looking at from audiobahn are model numbers AS57PQ those are the front speakers they run 100 watts each and are 2-way speakers but I also wanted to rewire the whole system any ideas on how big of a PITA this is?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you are using 6x9's (I have no clue what size the newer bronco's use), go with some Pioneer 420 watt 6x9's. They retail in the high $200's per pair, and I got mine for ~ $70 per pair, shipped from a seller called "ugotadeal" on ebay. I use a pioneer 760watt amp, and only have 2 speakers installed so far, and the stereo sounds wonderful, and has already caused noticeable hearing loss, and shook most of the rust loose from inside my cab. Even if your bronco doesn't have 6x9's already, it would be worth it IMO to fit them in there, they are excellent speakers.

·
Registered
940 Posts
FordbyFord said:
Cool cool I have the Audiobahn 12" subs powered by a A8002T (400 watts @ 2 Ohms) I want to dynomat my doors and mid pannels Just so I dont have to hear everything on the outside of my truck and also reduce vibrations but the Speakers I am looking at from audiobahn are model numbers AS57PQ those are the front speakers they run 100 watts each and are 2-way speakers but I also wanted to rewire the whole system any ideas on how big of a PITA this is?

the worst part of dynamat is shelling out the big bucks for it. if you search around here there are lots of alternatives people have used. i used the off brand vinyl mat from partsexpress.com.

rewiring is also pretty easy. you can keep all the power connections, and just run new speaker wires following the old wires. or at this point wire it up for an amp. my 86 had the old school wiring and i changed it all out. my 95 i used stock wires, and just cut the stock speaker plugs off

those speakers are 5x7 plates. they won't fit in the door without cutting. they are for the backseat positions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.