Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any kits out there to change the pesky high beam deal on the column for the good ol floor button? If so, where? $$?

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
theres millions of them... at the junkyard!!

Sorry I had to, it really shouldnt be that hard to convert just a lot of diagram tracing and new wire routing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The current high beam deal works just fine. I just can't stand it. The junk yard is what I was considering. Who cares what the little button looks like. I think the worst part would be the wiring. It is another one of those "want to do things". The other one that I want to do is move the darn oil filter location. On the 351, it is horrible. OIL GOES EVERYWHERE....

·
user title
2,211 Posts
145flyr said:
The other one that I want to do is move the darn oil filter location. On the 351, it is horrible. OIL GOES EVERYWHERE....
Maybe you just need some more practice :shrug

As for the bright lights thing...you could probably just splice into the wires up in the dash, and go from there. Just use those wires to run to the floor-button. Just the way I would do it...

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would think after a 110 thousand miles I would have that oil deal down. I always swear I will be quick and keep hold of the filter and not spill it. However, it usually gets the best of me. I suppose that is what degreaser is for.:D

·
user title
2,211 Posts
yeah...keep at it, you'll get it :)

With 3 Broncos and an f-150, with an (almost) combined million miles, you'd think I have it down, too...but noooo...great engines, but ford made them tough.

Just to brag:
'85: 186,000
'92 (f-150): 145,000
'93: 400,000
'95: 130,000
:thumbup
Gotta love it!

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
308 Posts
don't change it.... i took my bronc to a canadian tire for a safety check, the asshole there told me i had no highbeams. course he didn't look at the floor. i think about it now and kick myself for not fighting to pay the fee.

so K.I.S.F.S. keep it simple for stupids.:banghead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts