Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth adding when I do my lift? Rough Country has an optional dual shock kit for the front. I don't have a big block heavy engine, so is it worth the extra $75 to upgrade?

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
It depends on what's included in the kit. Some kits all the quad shock option gives you is two shocks per side instead of one. I'm not familiar with Rough Country's quad shock option, but for that price it sounds like all they're giving you is two extra shocks. If you don't already have the provisions on your truck for mounting them, there is no point in buying the extra shocks.

That said, I've been running quad shocks on mine for years and I like the ride. I've never run a single shock up front though, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm actually working on a SAS right now, so all of my TTB stuff is in the process of being pulled off. If you're interested in buying my quad shock stuff shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on what's included in the kit. Some kits all the quad shock option gives you is two shocks per side instead of one. I'm not familiar with Rough Country's quad shock option, but for that price it sounds like all they're giving you is two extra shocks. If you don't already have the provisions on your truck for mounting them, there is no point in buying the extra shocks.

That said, I've been running quad shocks on mine for years and I like the ride. I've never run a single shock up front though, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm actually working on a SAS right now, so all of my TTB stuff is in the process of being pulled off. If you're interested in buying my quad shock stuff shoot me a PM.

ya, I would have to buy the factory ford quad shock mount.. but I don't think its all that worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts