Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bear with since I'm new to this Ford computer stuff. All my tuning experience is with import stuff.

I have a 1995 Bronco 5.8 w/ SD EFI.

What options are out there for changing my fuel timing maps in my stock SD computer?

Can the stock computer be reflashed or altered via the obd port?

Is it possible to install an EEPROM socket or a daughter board on the SD box?

Are there any external tuning solutions? Could I install an adjustable FPR or larger injectors and then fine-tune the curve using an Air-Fuel computer.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,874 Posts
Please search, this has been discussed alot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've searched and I can't find answers to any of my specific questions.

I know about Megasquirt. Thats one of the options I'm considering but I really don't want to since I have an E4OD. Building an MSnS box, hacking up my wiring harness, and trying to get 2 computers to coexist in my truck isn't worth the headache.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Why, it's what Derrick36 and I are both doing for our 393/E4OD setups. The MS system, if you start from the ground up can be an incredible clean, simple install.

What are you changing that you even need to tune for?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
www.twEECer.com

But unless you have maid major engine mods, there is no need to tune the computer. It's not an import, or diesel. It is optimized for the factory engine as it is, just bump the timing a little.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
There are a lot more areas that need improvement before changing the factory PCM's mappings. Trust me. Everyone else here is going to tell you the same thing (and some already have). :thumbup

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tweecer is a great mod, can be a little time consuming/frustrating to dial in with extensive mods though. But, the factory computer is very good at compensating for most setups. I've know guys that ran 700hp superchaged smallblocks with the stock 'puter.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Tweecer is a great mod, can be a little time consuming/frustrating to dial in with extensive mods though. But, the factory computer is very good at compensating for most setups. I've know guys that ran 700hp superchaged smallblocks with the stock 'puter.
:shocked

Yeah, about that.... no?

There's no way that a factory EECIV could do that.

Not only can they not handle boost, but it would be so far out because of the larger injectors that motor would go lean and grenade.

·
Registered
132 Posts
:shocked

Yeah, about that.... no?

There's no way that a factory EECIV could do that.

Not only can they not handle boost, but it would be so far out because of the larger injectors that motor would go lean and grenade.
Maybe I wasn't clear on my thoughts here.
An eeciv is capable of miracles, you can google an infinite supply of fords with monsterous power that run the stock brain. Ya you need 24/36# injectors and a mass air meter to match depending on what yer runnin' for 300-450hp. And with a computer thats seen a day on the bench and 72#'s you can do just about anything. My post was aimed at tweecer. It can be awesome for squeezing out every last horse a motor has, but I've known alot of people that went through months (years) of tuning that damn thing. They have their own little cult following now, and luckily you can download maps from people with similar setups to make yer own teathing a little easier. Just don't overlook the stock parts.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Maybe I wasn't clear on my thoughts here.
An eeciv is capable of miracles, you can google an infinite supply of fords with monsterous power that run the stock brain. Ya you need 24/36# injectors and a mass air meter to match depending on what yer runnin' for 300-450hp. And with a computer thats seen a day on the bench and 72#'s you can do just about anything. My post was aimed at tweecer. It can be awesome for squeezing out every last horse a motor has, but I've known alot of people that went through months (years) of tuning that damn thing. They have their own little cult following now, and luckily you can download maps from people with similar setups to make yer own teathing a little easier. Just don't overlook the stock parts.
Oh...

Well yeah, with a TwEECer, yeah that can happen... but for 600+ dollars, you might as well build your own megasquirt computer for half that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts