Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm pretty new here, but i just bought a 93 bronco with a 302 automatic, and was having some trouble. i was driving this morning at around 80 mph (running late to work) and i hit about 82 or 83 and it wouldn't go any more, it would just slow down slightly until i let off the gas. I dropped it down to 75, and slowly sped up again, but it still wouldn't go past 83. Now to my knowledge, a 93 bronco wouldn't have a speed governor in it, so i'm not really sure what the issue would be. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it only has 100k original miles, i thought it would have more than that before the trans would go out

·
Registered
656 Posts
maby the hp couldent overcome the wind...i mean a 302 is no beast and an auto really lugs it out. Maby you have engine issues though....run CE codes, clogged cat? dirty air filter?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

Just need more information on it.

My 302 with 207,000 on it will still scream up above 90 easily. There is no governor on our EEC's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the delayed response, i believe its stock, probably a 3 inch lift on it....i think it might be the weather though. i was driving it at about 7:30 am, and it was about 40 degrees outside, and it wouldn't go above 83 or so, but when it was like 55 outside there weren't any problems, but im gonna change the fuel filter and get a new air filter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts