Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 with a 351 Automatic. The speedo quit working altogether and tranny will not shift out of 1st gear. Put a new abs sensor in, but did not help. I read a post similar to this but it ran into a dead end after he changed the abs sensor. Could it be a problem in the cluster. If so, how hard are they to replace? I am thinking that the tranny problem and the speedo go hand in hand. Please help me troubleshoot........bronco Lon

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
If you searched a little better you would have come to your VSS sensor.

Sounds exactly like your problem.

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
the tranny and speedo do go hand in hand. when you say your trans is dead do you mean you have no forward gears at all or can you manually shift threw them?
check fuses
after that
search this forum for procedure on checking/ inspecting
mlps
tone ring/
vehicle speed sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i put it in drive, it will not get out of first gear. 2500rpm and stays in 1st. Speedo not working at all, however, the odometer is on. Any more help?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Need to address the PSOM (speedo) issue. Start with the ABS sensor in the rear axle, check the wiring from the plug all the way up to where it meets the ABS module... then try bypassing the ABS module, and from there, check wiring to the PSOM, and then look for a replacement PSOM.

In Steve83's supermotors you'll find info about the ABS module, and how to bypass it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.