Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 78' Bronco with the 4 speed trans. I have replaced the speedo cable and gear for the t-case end of the cable. I can hook up the tail end of the speedo cable to my drill and the speedo works great but when I plug it into the slot on the tail end of the t-case it doesn't work. I have noticed the new gear I installed has a contact mark on the very tip of the gear teeth like it is not making contact correctly with the gear in the T-case. Does the gear inside the t-case go bad like that or do I have something adjusted incorrectly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have the correct gear for the 4-speed? The Speedo gear is the same for the automatics and 3-speeds, but not the 4-speed. If you look on LMC, you can see the different ones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh man I hope thats my problem. Pretty sure I got it from BroncoGraveyard and I don't remember it asking about what trans was in it. Thanks for the link. I ordered one from there to see if it is different.
Looking at their stock photo I for sure have the one for the 3 speed/auto. This should fix my problem.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh man I hope thats my problem. Pretty sure I got it from BroncoGraveyard and I don't remember it asking about what trans was in it. Thanks for the link. I ordered one from there to see if it is different.
Looking at their stock photo I for sure have the one for the 3 speed/auto. This should fix my problem.
The speed o gear goes in the t case
They are the same for either transmission

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
follow the link for what I found!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts