Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 94 fish and wildlife bronco, not to long ago i pulled my cluster to hook up in a buddies truck to see if it was the sensor on clustor or pump that made his fuel gauge not work, after we put it back in my miles didnt show and only the speedometer dont work. I removed clistor and checked to make sure everything was plugged in correctly, but still nothing what should i do next if anyone else had this exact problem, i also have a hard shift in first and second mainly, im not stock tires, i had 235s now 31-10.50-15s and i know i need to reset the posm but nuthing shows up wher the miles are suppose to so i can set that til i get this problem fixed

·
Man of endless projects
9,287 Posts
check fuses. the PSOM is part of the speedometer and if it doesn't work then the tranny goes to limp mode causing the hard shift.

make sure the plug on the back of the PSOM is fully connected. when I wired one in yesterday it was having glitches. I found holding the right button when turning the key reset it to where it worked and did a needle sweep test

heres the pinout for the PSOM plug. make sure pin 1 is always hot, pin 2 is a good ground, and pin 3 is hot when key is turned.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
On my '94 I have a very intermittent code 452 (CM). By very intermittent, it happens once or twice a year. The trans will go into the hard shift mode, and the speed control won't engage. The speedometer and odometer work fine, and the ABS is happy.
I just replaced the PSOM and I also spliced in a jumper wire from pin 7 of the PSOM to pin 3 on the PCM. That way the VSS signal should always get to the PCM regardless of the splices and the C202 connector (which I have tore apart looking for an intermittent open). Of course my problem hasn't recurred.

So, if it helps any, here the schematic of the VSS signal from rear axle to all the other places it goes. Hope it helps you troubleshoot your problem.

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1041065

1 - 5 of 5 Posts