Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was fixing a mess of wires that the last owner had left behind under the steering column . . . and I know I didn't mess with any wires that I wasn't supposed to . . . I was finishing installing my remote keyless system when I noticed a spark cause two wires touched by mistake . . . I replaced one busted fuse but there must be more cause now the dome light doesn't work and also now my speedometer needle won't move . . . AND my tranny is now shifting really late which makes it kick into next gear real hard . . . doubt it's a tranny thing . . . all this happened after finishing the wiring for the keyless. . .
any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, probably a fuse that blew somewhere. Your speedo not working is what is causing your trans to shift hard. Your VSS goes into your speedo, then goes to the PCM which handles the shifts.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumbup
got it! thanks

it was a small fuse under the dash and now everything is up and running

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see, I actually went through all the fuses and looked at them and at first glance all looked good to me . . . but when ya'll said it's fuses then I went through it again . . .

it's at 15 fuse in the under-dash fuse box . . . it's top left . . .
sorry, I'm at work and can't get to my manual to tell you exactly which position . . . but if you pull it and look carefully it should look busted . ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts