Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I went to dialysis this morning - I don't usually go on Sundays, but the schedule is wack because of Thanksgiving. She gets me started running and I feel it. I've had flushes like these before, so I felt it coming and I had her rinse me back immediately. Sat there for a little while, and got her to start me back and it happened again. Then after she rinsed me back, I started feeling real bad even though I wasn't even on the machine, so then I started flipping out. My heart had been racing ever since the flush started. I figured at that point trying to dialyze was pointless, so I had them call the ambulance to take me to the ER.

This is where it gets good...the one paramedic chick had a hard time getting numbers in the right order. I think I recited my birthday and SSN like 3 times. Then I get IN the ambulance and they're gonna start and IV and between the two of them I got stuck FIVE times, no go. The guy lets the chick drive and she's backing out of the parking lot, and backs over the curb. "What'd I hit?!" Then she pulls away and runs over the opposite curb. At this point I'm thinking I should have walked the 1/2 a mile to the hospital. We're going down the road and she runs all over the damn curb and up on the sidewalk. Glad they're weren't any people out walking this morning. :eek:

Get to the ER and get stuck 3 more times by people trying to draw blood. I've got some new bruises now. :toothless

Nobody still has any idea why I get sick like this. It doesn't happen all the time, and the doctor said if it was allergic it would stay with me and not get better when I get my blood rinsed back with saline. Second doctor who's chalked it up to anxiety. It only happens RIGHT as I get started, when my blood starts coming in the venous line. And I would think if it was anxiety it wouldn't get better and I'd get sick on or off the machine.

My blood pressure was high and they got that to come down. I dunno, its not a pleasant feeling and now I'm all tired. Bleh.

Anyhow, that was my exciting morning. What have you boys been up to today? :p

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Damn, that really sucks Babe.:kiss I'm glad you're ok now. It sure is gonna be cool when the can finaly get you straight. We're here for ya darlin!:hug

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,686 Posts
Shoulda slapped that driver! Bet you'll want to when you see the bill for that!

Glad yer OK darlin! :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts
Sorry that it happens Mels. My BP was ok, but rate was around 105 just before they started the iv before the knee surgery. It was anxiety on my part for sure.
Any chance of latex intolerance from gloves?
be well.....always

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
So sorry to hear about your morning Mels. Atleast she did not back upto the Bronco...:twak :twak :twak

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hope ya get to feelin better.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm so tired now. Bleh. And I've got a test over 3 chapters tomorrow at school. At least I don't have dialysis again in the morning.

I wish somebody knew what the hell was causing this. I can deal with stuff when I know what I'm dealing with, but this not knowing is BS. And it annoys me for them to just be like "oh its anxiety." When it happens it happens at the SAME time every time, soon as I get put on. Its NOT normal.

Miesk5 - I don't think its anything with latex, I've never reacted to it before, I've even worn those gloves with no problem. Plus the ER doc said if it was an allergic reaction it would stay in my blood for awhile and not go away like it does.

Thanks for the support, ya'll rock. :thumbup

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Glad to hear your ok Mel at least it is not to long before you will not have to worry about it. Any new news Mel?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
"oh its anxiety."
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not sure if you can be medicated while under going this procedure, but can't they give you a sedative??:shrug

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I had a doctor prescribe me some Xanax (sp?) but I've heard its very addictive and I feel like it was mis-diagnosed. I'm not taking something when I don't feel that's the problem. I've NEVER had a problem with anxiety before. I can relax myself mentally with deep breathing and focusing on slowing my heartbeat, I don't need meds for something like that.

I have no doubt in my mind this is NOT related to an axiety attack, this is a physcial problem, something is not agreeing between my body and that machine.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Sorry Babe, that sucks, I hope they get it worked out, that Dialisis (sp?) is important till the new organ!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dialysis issues, Mels. :( Have you thought about contacting a support group or doing some research online to find out if anyone in your situation has had similiar experiences? (Like, Yahoo or MSN Groups)

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Astra said:
Have you thought about contacting a support group or doing some research online to find out if anyone in your situation has had similiar experiences? (Like, Yahoo or MSN Groups)

There's a dialysis group on Yahoo, but its not very active. I'm on the transplant group, and none of them had heard of anything like this. I did a little research on some of the Medical websites and the closest thing I could find was something to do with blood loss, its some kind of shock. I can't remember the name of it now. But that doesn't add up because it always happens when the blood starts coming back IN my body.

One time after this had happened a couple times in a week, I came in for an extra treatment and used a brand new dialyzer, one that hadn't been cleaned with chemicals and I had no reaction.

I dunno, its strange. I think my body has had enough dialysis and is saying 'we don wanna do dis no mo.' Dialysis not only pulls out the poisions from my blood, but it strips out the good stuff, too. I think 5 years of running my blood through a machine is taking its toll and I can't handle it like I used to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts