Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 ford bronco that I did a axle swap to a 3/4 ton dana 44 closed nuckle out of a f250. I recently started to change out the wheel bearings and noticed a lot more wrong. when I got to the spindle bushing it literally fell apart and now I cant find a new bushing anywhere. Does anyone know the part number or where I can find it. The only thing that I have seen is a complete new spindle that comes with the bushing but my spindle is fine and I dont want to pay $200 for something I dont need. :banghead

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
why in the hell did you put a crappy axle in the bronco?

I know Dana dicontinued the bushing, I dunno if any aftermarket places have them now, but I never found them when I needed them for customers.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
If you can figure out the original dimensions, any good bushing/bearing source can get them for you. You might need to get one with a smaller ID, but they can be opened up with a brake cylinder hone if needed.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
That Was A Damn Good Answer!! How Do Ya Like That Shit Joppey :smilie_slap
Oh Bye the way.... Nasa called and they Want their Moonbuggy Back!! :rofl:
fawk NASA, it's mine! :goodfinge

Now don't go pirating another thread. :toothless

·
Registered
533 Posts
That Was A Damn Good Answer!! How Do Ya Like That Shit Joppey :smilie_slap
Oh Bye the way.... Nasa called and they Want their Moonbuggy Back!! :rofl:
you keep making fun of his moon buggie. he keeps the picture there, but you have baby yoda as your avitar. so what is the rip he has?
hey the jedi called, and they want baby yoda back. we are willing to use the force. :twak you two make me :histerica.
i have no answer. jopes does, but will rip on you, and give the answer. you could just ask 429ranger he will help, or send you on the right derection. good luck.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Isn't that a BCA B-2110 bearing Don?
no closed knuckle axles use a brash bushing behind the spindle instead of the bearing.

NOW, I have never looked into seeing if the bearing would fit back there or not.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just happened to notice today that my differential in the front of my bronco is a high pinion 44...I didn't know that they came that way...as I'm assuming it's stock axels. That was kinda off topic...but my sister has a toyota with a 44 swapped into it. She lost 4wd in the mud the other night, and I took it appart to find the hub and bearings in pieces. The bearings siezed up, and scorred the spindle terribly, so now she needs a whole new spindle...where can I find that? And, will it be the same out of any 44 or does it have to be out of the grand wagoneer that the axel came out of? Thanks, and sorry for kinda snaggin the thread a little

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just happened to notice today that my differential in the front of my bronco is a high pinion 44...I didn't know that they came that way...as I'm assuming it's stock axels. That was kinda off topic...but my sister has a toyota with a 44 swapped into it. She lost 4wd in the mud the other night, and I took it appart to find the hub and bearings in pieces. The bearings siezed up, and scorred the spindle terribly, so now she needs a whole new spindle...where can I find that? And, will it be the same out of any 44 or does it have to be out of the grand wagoneer that the axel came out of? Thanks, and sorry for kinda snaggin the thread a little
I think you will need the waggy stuff.
Call mike or Morris at parts Mike.
http://www.partsmike.com/index.html

They may be able to get the bushing as well. They are very good to work with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts