Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, My front brakes started making some ugly noises like grinding. Then when it seemed to get better the brake pedal got spongy. I do not see any signs of leaking B-fluid and I changed out the master cylinder about a year ago. Any ideas?? Anybody...

Many thanks, Dikthod

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Sponge brakes for me usaly means air in the lines or the rear adjusters are not working properly or master cylinder.

As for the grinding sound but the pads are still good. I had a set of cheap pads once that cracked and sounded like they grinded a little until they got worn down some. Maybe???? Did you take them off and inspect them?? Or mayeb some trash got hung in there???

Just some thoughts..Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not air in the lines or low on fluid. Nothing seems to be leaking. I was on a construction site with a lot of silty mud and other crap and that is when I noticed the grinding sound. Makes sense and I thought it would eventually fling out. Probably did as that is no longer the problem. Now it is the spongy pedal. Still got brakes but I would hate to be in a situation where I had to "dynamite the brakes". Master cylinder was changed about a year ago. Any other ideas please reply. Thanks for your help, Dikthod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts