Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a sport steering wheel. The grip is loose on part of the wheel, any ideas on making it feel better? Also, I have a nicer non horn model, it looks like a ring holds the rear plate on, anyone ever turned a non horn model into a horn version?

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
Hi, are you referencing the padded leather or plastic covering on the steering wheel? Also what year as I have not heard of a Fullsize without a horn button. From your profile picture it looks like you are rocking a EB. Please post up a picture of the wheel and we will get to work for you bud.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up a sport wheel from a 79 Mustang, horn on stalk, but in nice shape, then picked up a Bronco Sport wheel with horn. Both are just the padded version.
I have several EB's, my 13 yr old son is into the full size. He has had a 79 since 11, bought a 78 Flare side last year, and just got another 79 Bronco to pull the 4.56 locked rears, GT bar and sport wheel from. He works for his grandfather throughout the year.

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
Both Eastwood and Por15 make an epoxy putty based steering wheel repair kit though price wise a bit on the expensive side. I think you would be able to do the same thing with some tinted marine grade epoxy and a bit of artistic talent.

Swapping the horn is possible but with lots of parts modifications to both the center and shaft. Early Mustang sites have more information in detail of what this entails but all of it is time consuming. Perhaps swapping the all in one stalk from an early Ford would be cheaper.

I'm digging the rust colored rusty Bronco and old school visor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts