Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '85 has the plastic crap interior and insted of puttting in carpet I think Im going to put in rhino lining. Does anyone have any experiances with it? I think it will be nice to just pull the seats and spray out the interior. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
lots of people on here have done it. you can go on ebay and buy a herculiner kit or some other cheap liner kit and do it yourself for about 50 bux and 6 hours

DC

i prefer lineX over rhino either way JMO

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
qcbronc said:
My '85 has the plastic crap interior and insted of puttting in carpet I think Im going to put in rhino lining. Does anyone have any experiances with it? I think it will be nice to just pull the seats and spray out the interior. Thanks in advance.

I cant remember who has used the actual Rhino lining. Alot of people have used herculiner, and there are 2 people that I can think of, that have used a spray on liner. Djdan used Durabak, and Bigbluebronco used some other stuff. Search both of their names, and you should come up with something. Myself, and Imlikeojnow recently rolled herculiner on our interiors. Search both of our threads.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
qcbronc said:
I was looking at the herculine at autozone for like $90. I didnt know how well it works but sounds like you like it so I'll trust your opinion and go with that. Thanks for the imput guys.

Plenty of others on here have used it too. Just prep it really well, and dont get in a hurry. I'm satisfied with it, but the only hauling I've done is a jeep rear end, since I've applied it.

Just take care of any rust, the best you can b4 you use it. Look for a good primer, or something like Por-15 if you have real bad spots. If it's all in good shape, just follow the directions.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
qcbronc said:
I was looking at the herculine at autozone for like $90. I didnt know how well it works but sounds like you like it so I'll trust your opinion and go with that. Thanks for the imput guys.

i like it just give it a week to cure before you do anything rough with it. mine had a month cause the oil pump went after i did it, and thats is how long it took me to get the time off to fix it.

ken

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
go look through my pics. have your same bronco, and i herculined it already. it comes out quite nicely, and i keep a quart on hand just in case. i would recommend using a roller like the kit supplies, and get it all done at once, or you will have a nice layered effect. if ya ever wanna stop by and take a look, drop me a PM.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
not too sure about it for you, but i am interested in doing this in the cargo area. How much is the Herculiner kit and how much area does it cover.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Ptack1 said:
not too sure about it for you, but i am interested in doing this in the cargo area. How much is the Herculiner kit and how much area does it cover.

i did the whole cab with one kit, didnt have enough to do the tail gate cause i decided to put three coats on the cargo area. kit is 90 bucks....free for me b day gift. i like it

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
I bought rhino lining for my bronco and my neighbours box. I have a long story explaining the great customer service I got, but bottom line, the product is too soft. I wont use it again.

EDIT: to be fair, it was a while ago and I really can't say for sure if it was rhino liner or herculiner so I'm no help

·
Registered
75 Posts
me and my buddy danny do herculiner spray in liners professionally, uasually around $300 for a 6 foot bed, thats for us to prep and spray it and a 24 hour cure,

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
i did the whole cab with one kit, didnt have enough to do the tail gate cause i decided to put three coats on the cargo area. kit is 90 bucks....free for me b day gift. i like it

ok cool, thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts