Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok whos Going to make it? We are going to FJ (florence junction) Scott has a map below of where we can be camping. Lets try to get a good turn out Its been a year since Ive gone wheeling with any of the AZ crew Im looking forward too it. :chili:

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
March would not have worked for me anyway. Spring Training takes priority. April could work before it gets too hot out.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I'm open for anything at the moment. The 4th is my Birthday and that could be a fun birthday weekend of wheeling.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm bust until March 5th. Then, I need to four link the rear. So, I'm looking at the 1st or 2nd weekend in April.
Bud

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
april 4th. we will see if I can make it.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I will pencil (because PEN seems way to permanent for us :toothless) it on the calendar. I should be able to make it as long as I can get all my crap together... what trail(s) you guys thinkin on runnin?

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woodpecker, Martinez cabin run, HWY to hell. These are the ones Ive seen or been on. there are alot more. So April 4th is what Im going to plan does this sound like a good date for everyone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd love to be an active southwest member, but I have a stock bronco and I hate body damage. I'm also underage so I can't go to any bars. That said, if we camp somewhere I'd be totally up for it if I could do a ride along with someone. My brother has a cool built up jeep (a lengthened jeep frame, roll cage and no body with 327/turbo350/np205/ dana 44/12 bolt locked/locked) I might be able take out on a trail as long as his 2wd f250 can make it to a spot where he can park the trailer. Is Sycamore creek just too easy? I've heard the rock gardens can be pretty cool. It'd be my place of choice.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes you can come. we do alot of runs that a stock bronco can do I did martinez cabin with a bunch of stock jeep libertys. you wont have to worry about body damage. Sycomore is ok for a day trip once youve gone out to FJ sycomore isnt worth going to overnight.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Might I suggest camping here.

From Phoenix:
-Take 60 East to 79 South
-Head South on 79 for 5.3 miles
-The "flag pole" parking lot is on the left
-This is the start of Cottonwood Canyon road (dirt road)
-The turn is about .3 miles past mile marker 146 (when heading this direction)
-Once on Cottonwood Canyon drive about 3 mile down and look on the right hand side for a big open area set back off the road. That's would be the 1st choice for a good camping spot. If it's already being used head down the road about .25 miles and look left that would be the 2nd good choice. If you go past a fence, you have gone to far.

A little info:
If you haven't been out this way before, the last stop for food is the Bashes in Gold Canyon and the last stop for fuel is a Texaco (I think) that has a McDonalds in it. It's also located in Gold Canyon. *FYI-Gold Canyon is the stretch of 60 between Florence Junction and 79.

State Trust Land permit ---> http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm

My $0.02

I don't know what I'll be doing then (work related) but if I'm around I'll be there.

-Scott

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not to be a "Nancy" but don't forget your State Trust Land permit.

-Scott

Good point thanks Scott. Ok so Its Official April 4th 5th and 6th. I wont be out there till night time unless I can get half day off or something. Now its time for a role call who thinks they can make it?

1 - 20 of 318 Posts