Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you need a rider/cameraman/spotter let me know. I'll tag along. Just dont have the bronco ready yet.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,449 Posts
I will probably have wife and kids with
That is what I am not sure about my wife was not thrilled last time we did Spring Creek not sure she will want to go. Kids are at camp and will be back that weekend, I am not sure they will want another day in the woods.

If you need a rider/cameraman/spotter let me know. I'll tag along. Just dont have the bronco ready yet.
If I only have 0 or 1 kid I will be happy to swing by on the way. I will check with the wife and see if this is a trip she wants to do.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Guess I'm out. Just found out I'm on call that weekend.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I want to run Spring Creek and drop down Cascade Creek this year, but i got to go to church on Sunday................JK.

I could be down for this run. Cascade creek is the quickest and hardest way down to the highway. Check out the Maps and Coordinates, Trails and Spurs in the Area on Traildamage: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/cascade_creek/maps/map_area.gif

Cascade Creek: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=126

Might as well post-up Spring Creek too: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
I'm in, I was having vapor lock issues at high altitude on hot days.. but think I found the culprit which was the fuel pump (which i just replaced 3 months ago..)

so swapped it out and ready to test again.. think spring creek will be a decent place to test so should be good to go

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
I'm in, I was having vapor lock issues at high altitude on hot days.. but think I found the culprit which was the fuel pump (which i just replaced 3 months ago..)

so swapped it out and ready to test again.. think spring creek will be a decent place to test so should be good to go
When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

I have no idea at this point. I'm interested since I want to see how the new more streetable tires do on a more serious trail. Plus I like the trail and the neighbor with the yellow 4 door rubicon school bus was just up there (he admitted to the bypass at the rock garden with dual lockers....not enough clearance). I have to see what's on the schedule, and Matt, if you can believe it, I'm just getting (hopefully) my D60 1350 yoke so I can install my new rear driveshaft, much needed.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
I replaced it in Baily Colorado off of 285 on friday :)

Vapor locked at the stop light just before Baily heading south and happened to have a fuel filter... thought that was the culprit. Next day I ran Iron Chest up by St. Elmo (much harder apparently now that they put all the boulders back - thank god for rock sliders and bumpers..) and I Vapor locked at the top of that trail about 300 yds from the end...

Had my fuel pressure gauge connected to the fuel rail all the way up to check fuel pressure and I would loose it as we climbed and as the truck got hot... was sunny and warm up there.. 80ish.

Anyway tracked the culprit down to the fuel pump, also as embarrassing as it sounds when i put the lid back on the cut out in the back i hit the tank with one screw... thought i was careful - i wasn't. I JB welded the hole and cleaned out the tank replaced the fuel pump (Returning old one.. under warranty) and hoping that fixed it.

Also looked like the filter was clogged on the fuel filter.. probably a mix of several things, all related to my shoddy patch back there.

BTW this was the 5th time I vapor locked, every time its hot out and at altitude.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,449 Posts

I have no idea at this point. I'm interested since I want to see how the new more streetable tires do on a more serious trail. Plus I like the trail and the neighbor with the yellow 4 door rubicon school bus was just up there (he admitted to the bypass at the rock garden with dual lockers....not enough clearance). I have to see what's on the schedule, and Matt, if you can believe it, I'm just getting (hopefully) my D60 1350 yoke so I can install my new rear driveshaft, much needed.

It does not look to be cold so you don't have an excuse there:rofl:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts