Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 with a Rancho 4" lift that is 14 years old. Reasonably, the rear end has started to sag a bit and I hate the way the truck looks. Pre-runner style is ok for pick-ups but not Broncos (in my opinion). My question is this...Do I replace the springs with new ones? I don't it to sit "stink bug" either! The local spring shop said they could re-arch and add an add-a-leaf (for integrity) for about $115 a side if I did the measuring and bring the spring packs to them ($390 if I drop the truck off). Will an add-a-leaf allow for as much flex? Should I re-spring the whole truck? Is there a better way to go?

·
Registered
242 Posts
for that kinda money you could probaly get a new set of springs. id look around. ive herd bad things about re arched springs. they tend to sag realy quick

·
Registered
904 Posts
you can get stock springs for less than that.

If you are worried about flex keep your old ones and do a shackle flip, you will have crazy rear flex between the flattened rear springs and flipped shackle.

both of those options cost less than re arching (or similar) and will be much more effective.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can get stock springs for less than that.

If you are worried about flex keep your old ones and do a shackle flip, you will have crazy rear flex between the flattened rear springs and flipped shackle.

both of those options cost less than re arching (or similar) and will be much more effective.
I was thinking about that but it looks like the shackle flip will give me too much lift. How much should I get?

·
Registered
904 Posts
well, what do you have out back to compensate for the 4" of lift in the front? if you have blocks or something take those out and you will be pretty close front rear. If you really need a more minimal amount of lift just flip the stock hardware.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just springs and an angle shim for driveline angle. I was thinking about just putting a 1" block in the rear but can I stack the angle shim on top of the lift block? Flipping the shackle will be too much. I want the truck to sit level.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I would put the block on top of the angle shim.

You can do it. Most people recommend against it due to the fact that you can spit them out but I ran my 92 with a 1" block on top of shim for 6 years and had no problem.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I had mine rearched when I took it to a spring shop for bushings. "the moog 344 bushings were too small." the truck looked just like they came from the factory, but I could have bought new springs from jbg with shipping from colorado for less money.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Don't rearch the springs. The lift goes away after a short time.

If you want to go all out, Deaver makes excellent spring packs...

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Do not add a block to compensate for sagging springs.

14 years sounds like you got a good run out of the ones on the truck now. Anty up and just buy a new set of leaf springs.

The shackle flip would most likely net too much lift for your truck.

Also be aware that the front springs have most likely settled alot too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you want to go the add a block route, fabtech has a 2" tapered block that you should be able to use without stacking blocks. Blocks are bad enough, I hate to see them stacked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts