Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for about an hour now and cant find the awnser to my problem. I have a 96 Bronco with 2" leveling springs had a local shop install them about 2 years ago I have Skyjacker Shocks in the front I had both quad shocks but had a stiff ride, so I decided to take one shock off each side not as stiff but still annoying Ive gotten use to it(not that it should be something to get use to) so I noticed the other day that my shocks and springs are extremely close to one and other so bad the spring is chewing up my shock boot and scraping against my shock. I would have pictures of it but since it is 3.5 I dont feel like taking pictures right now I ill take some pictures when im at work. I think I might just down grade to some monroe shocks and call it a day. but has anyone else had problems with this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My springs hit my shocks bad enough to smash dents on the shock from about four to five turns of the coil on both sides of the shock on both sides of the truck.

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been trying to load pictures of it but my SD reader is being a female dog in heat. Did you ever fix it Bizerker? Sounds like whats going on with mine only Im not getting bad dents I got one but nothing horrible

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could try that I havent worked on the suspension in awhile I thought it was mounted with the spring seat but Ill check it out tommorow and see what I could do

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i bet your radius arm bushing are worn, or the pivot bushings be on my top list to look at, and its ok to run 1 shock, not all broncos came with the dual setup from the factory.

(not mine)gretna1970 bronco

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed my radius arm bushing when i first got the Bronco back in 05 Ill check those tommorow as well. But I am thinking about going to a monroe Shock set up I want a nice somewhat smoother ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you ever fix it Bizerker? Sounds like whats going on with mine only Im not getting bad dents I got one but nothing horrible
No. I drove around quite a while with them like that. I changed them as a set all the way around when I saw some cupping on my tires and haven't done anything harsh enough to dent the new ones, but expect they will get smashed too eventually. There is very little room between them and the spring.

·
I play with my
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. I drove around quite a while with them like that. I changed them as a set all the way around when I saw some cupping on my tires and haven't done anything harsh enough to dent the new ones, but expect they will get smashed too eventually. There is very little room between them and the spring.
Yeah I dont think I can even get a nickel inbetween both shock and spring

·
Registered
99 Posts
get new springs mine did that and it was the tough contry springs..bought some from BGY and fixed!!! mine is on a 6" lift tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts