Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a vendor who sells springs, particularly in the stock variation. I'm in the process of upgrading the axle on my Suburban to a 14-bolt, and I figured I'd replace the 19 year old springs while I was at it. Only issue is, I haven't found anyone who sells springs in stock heights/variations that I would want to do business with. Any suggestions on reputable vendors that sell stock height springs and are willing to deal with incompetent losers?

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
You know, your 19-year old springs, if they're not cracked and rusted through, can be re-arched and tempered, rather than buying new springs. Otherwise Eaton Spring does new stock ones (they make them when you order them), and all you do is give them your truck weight and how its outfitted. I did this years ago on a '70 Delta 88 that had flat springs.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm in need of heavier springs anyway, since the grand scheme of the project is to turn the truck into a 3/4 ton from a 1/2 ton. I shall call eaton and see what they can do for me. Is there such a thing as a soft riding heavy-duty spring? :histerica

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am without a doubt not buying my rear leafs from Eaton Spring. They want $700 for a pair of rear leafs. I swear I could probably get them from Chevy for cheaper than that... Any more suggestions on where I can get new rear leafs from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts