Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 F-150 117 wb, T18.

going up hill, with just mild throttle it hops so bad it shakes the truck apart. I mean it's absolutely absurd. And forget any kind of burnout, it'll shake your brains out.

Any ideas? Besides traction bars? I mean really, the thing should handle regular driving and light wheeling without drag/sand racing parts. Would new shocks get it?

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Add some weight to the back of the truck, it's too light to keep your wheels on the ground.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
How is the springs? Are they original, and starting to sag? Shocks might help, but not that much...

KC

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
How is the springs? Are they original, and starting to sag? Shocks might help, but not that much...

KC
I'm thinking Ubolts loosened. Is there a block in back? stock wedge split?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know the springs are original. There is a block back there but the truck is not lifted so I assume its the factory block.

Ill check the ubolts the springs themselves arent broke or anything obvious like that but its hopping bad

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Put some new springs in it. If you have a block get a lifted spring to make up for the block height.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put some new springs in it. If you have a block get a lifted spring to make up for the block height.
Yeah I think I'll get a set of the Deaver F53's for the rear then start looking at shocks all around since the rusty generics on there don't look promising.

It's funny that it doesn't do it in 4wd at all, it just walks right up everything with no problem. 2wd, rattle your brains out. I mean it's way beyond like, regular spring wrap I've pushed the limits now I need traction bars. It's, somethings wrong and my rear end is gonna fall out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
check your rear u joints while you underneath it. sounds like that may be your issue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts