Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how popular Squatted trucks has gotten in other states. I do know it has gained ground here in S.C.

I don't understand it at all. It looks like they wanted a lifted truck but mom and dad's money ran out before they could finish.

Created a little piece of artwork to express my feelings about squatted trucks. I was going to sit on it (pun intended) but decided to share it in case someone else wanted to make use of it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I don't know how popular Squatted trucks has gotten in other states. I do know it has gained ground here in S.C.

I don't understand it at all. It looks like they wanted a lifted truck but mom and dad's money ran out before they could finish.

Created a little piece of artwork to express my feelings about squatted trucks. I was going to sit on it (pun intended) but decided to share it in case someone else wanted to make use of it.
View attachment 171350
Lol yeah its exclusively a SC thing for now thank God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
There is some of them here in Mountain VIew Arkansas. Cant understand it at all. They look like they have a load of rock in the bed.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,252 Posts
They're becoming popular in nwpa... What a waste of a good rig.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,900 Posts
Today's generation wants to be "different" and stand out so they do stupid stuff like this. I ate out tonight and coming back I had 3 of those idiot Tuners cars come along side me. You know the ones, with the silly sounding vibrating pipes. I can't image sitting on top of that all the time and listening to that. You couldn't carry on a conversation inside one of those cars....

Go figure...

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
either lift it or lower it..down here they call it the Palatka lean (it's a rural area where the 'necks drive beat up pickups)....used to be the trucks with the lean actually had worn out rear springs..Just yesterday, brand spanking new Chevy Duramax 2500 with it's nose pointed towards the sky..You see these around all the time and it's got to be one of the dumbest vehicle trends today, well maybe next to the Crown vics with the 22s..although even that doesn't look quite as bad..

Reactions: Trashboat

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,730 Posts
I dunno I think its fine.
Would I do that to one of my own, I doubt it. Unless it was a sudo "gasser" style rig or something made in the spirit of.

I say feel free to enjoy your car/truck/whatever how you wish, but don't crap on how I choose to enjoy mine either. Granted good work is good work, and I am sure some of these are not done using quality methods.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,900 Posts
I say feel free to enjoy your car/truck/whatever how you wish,
I agree with that portion of your statement, but along with an individuals right to do whatever he wished with his vehicle, comes my right to reject that individuals choice as something I don't care for.

No one is saying they cant do that sort of thing to their vehicles, it is just being said that no appeal is found in their choice so their choice is rejected.

To each his own...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
When they have a slight rake, we call that the California Rake. When it is significant, we call it the Carolina squat. My 250 has a slight rake from the shop messing up the rear leaf install, about 2 inches lower in the rear than the front.

I passed a chevy 1500 the other day with about a 1-1.5' difference between front and rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts

View attachment 171350
Here in KY I've heard them referred to as a "Carolina lift".

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,942 Posts
The only stuff I've seen around here are the low riders that have been around forever. Occasionally a Chevy pickup done in the same style.

When I was a kid we always raised the rear, more like the drag racing look of the day. Mine was a 64 Falcon Sprint convertible. The angle of its rake was similar to the pic below, but it sat higher at all 4 corners. It had H7814 "bigs" on the rear & "littles" (D7014s maybe?) on the front. I still think this one looks good. Not mine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here in VA we call it the "Carolina squat".
Yeah, it's your truck, do as you please, but that does not mean it doesn't look stupid. Saw one the other day, rear at least 4" below the front, with big low rider tires on at least 20" rims.
Kind of a "here's your sign" thing.........
Reminds me of a really lowered, just slammed k5 blazer I saw back in the day, just screams wtf.......

We always said the tuners sounded like an angry bumblebee

Reactions: cjwchoppers

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
either lift it or lower it..down here they call it the Palatka lean (it's a rural area where the 'necks drive beat up pickups)....used to be the trucks with the lean actually had worn out rear springs..Just yesterday, brand spanking new Chevy Duramax 2500 with it's nose pointed towards the sky..You see these around all the time and it's got to be one of the dumbest vehicle trends today, well maybe next to the Crown vics with the 22s..although even that doesn't look quite as bad..
I keep forgetting you roam around my old high school stomping grounds Jermil. I'm one of few that made it out of Putnam county. The mondecks and Ocala national forest ( sand pits by Rodman dam), davenport, were all my high school hang out spots. Be careful out there ….. the Barden booger also calls that part of Florida home.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
I keep forgetting you roam around my old high school stomping grounds Jermil. I'm one of few that made it out of Putnam county. The mondecks and Ocala national forest ( sand pits by Rodman dam), davenport, were all my high school hang out spots. Be careful out there ….. the Barden booger also calls that part of Florida home.

That's too funny..it's a small world. used to do a lot of wheeling down that way..haven't been out to Mondecks in probably 15 years, there were some nasty places back there. Heck they might have developed it at this point...yeah, the sand pits by Rodman are off limits these days and you have to be careful out in Ocala where you ride, but there are still some good spots out towards Lake George and around the Hopkins Prairie area..oh yeah, I'm very familiar with the Bardin Booger, I used to ride through Bardin on my way out to Etoniah..I love it down there.

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
295 Posts
had a neighbor with a squatted Chevy here near Phoenix, AZ. Nice guy, but I couldn't look him in the eye after seeing that truck.
Time will not be doing that guy any justice. In about 5 years you can bring this up to him, laugh about his ol' truck, and maybe share some beers with him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts