Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...so i've been in need of a bumper for a while now. I love the look of the src front bumper by smittybilt. it's for a wrangler, but i think i'm gonna get it and extend the ends a few inches then fab it up to the 87 bko. I don't wanna spend $800 on a bronco specific bumper, when i can get this one new for $200. Let me know if u think it's a good idea.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
If they make one in that style for a JK it will be wider right off the bat

·
Registered
127 Posts
Couldn't find the width on the bumper but the wrangler is about 10.5 inches skinnier than our trucks to it wouldn't bee to much stretchnn to do.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes might give it a shot myself.:popc1:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah...if i remember right...its about 6 to 7 inches narrower than the bko. I will definitely be attempting this. I'm not gonna be attempting to build one because i haven't welded since high school and dont want to deal with all the bending and stuff. Figured this would be the easier way to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they make one in that style for a JK it will be wider right off the bat
They do have a jk one...but it looks totally different. Silent One, I was actually thinkin about cuttin it straight in half...I'll wait till i get the bumper to decide on that. I'll keep u guys posted with plenty of pix.

·
Super Moderator
25,802 Posts
yo,
I'd go w/HEFTY's bumper!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts