Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw some stainless steel mustang headers on the truck today and had an exhaust shop do true duals all the way to the back in 2.5" with some flowmaster mufflers. I'm not so sure I like the sound, it's not loud enough. I miht cut them off and put dynomax bullets in thier place, or something.

Anyway, to my question, was I correct in my assumption that stainless headers would be far superior to regular headers in such a wet environment as these will see? Anybpdy have any dyno numbers or suggestions of typical HP gains? I sure know I can feel it in the seat of the pants department!

I'll get some pics for you guys ASAP.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Just curious... how did you run the EGR tube? Does the length of this tube matter??

Stainless headers, I would think, would be the choice for off-roading and what-not. I also do not care for the sound of Flow Masters... I have one on mine, and it seems to be in fairly good shape, but I'm thinking about cutting it off and putting something a little more to my liking on instead... hmmm... might post it in the for sale section...

·
Registered
7 Posts
stainless headers are far superior as far as rust and durability.

With a stock engine, you will probably get 10-15hp max.

what brand of headers did you get?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hooker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts