Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few problems with my truck dying in reverse. As soon as I shift it in and the transmission engages, the rpm's drop and the truck dies unless I give it gas, then I can keep it running. So, recently I was sitting at a stop light in Drive and my RPMs drop again, well I do not know?

·
Registered
92 Posts
check all your vaccum lines. i had a line that got progressively worse until my bronco would not idle. it started running really rich also. i checked everything else related to idle and even the vaccum lines. (not good enough obviously) until it was found by a mechanic with a freaking cigarette!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just replaced my IAC today with a shiny new Borg Warner one, and to no avail whatsoever. I have a code, but that's for my secondary AIR injection system (Smog system). Unrelated. I recently seafoamed through the gas, the only thing I haven't done is checked vacuum lines. Any suggestions to look for it, like with a cigarette as mentioned above? It's starting to bug me to death!! Any other tips are greatly appreciated!

:beer

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.