So today I made another shackle mount, this time it was 7-1/4" long instead of the original 6". I kept the 1/2" mounting holes in the same location as the other mount and moved the front 1" hole up the extra 1-1/4". The fit is perfect. I wasn't happy with the flat black Rustoleum that I had, plus it was almost empty, so I went to OSH and picked up a can of Hammered Black Rustoleum and a rattle can gun trigger nozzle thingy (I'm expecting to do lots of painting in the future on sliders and such). I think I found the paint that I want my bumpers and sliders to be done in, this stuff looks amazing!