Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 882 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
So today I made another shackle mount, this time it was 7-1/4" long instead of the original 6". I kept the 1/2" mounting holes in the same location as the other mount and moved the front 1" hole up the extra 1-1/4". The fit is perfect. I wasn't happy with the flat black Rustoleum that I had, plus it was almost empty, so I went to OSH and picked up a can of Hammered Black Rustoleum and a rattle can gun trigger nozzle thingy (I'm expecting to do lots of painting in the future on sliders and such). I think I found the paint that I want my bumpers and sliders to be done in, this stuff looks amazing!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,356 Posts
Freakin' sweet. I think the Shadowfax/Bossind winch should be in the future for this truck.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
wanna make the exact same thing for me?? haha looks sweet man, i want to keep my truck as stock looking as possible, and my build is pretty much inline with yours..only with more..much more rust repair

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
UC4x4 made their annual snow trip up to Wentworth Springs/ Georgetown, CA this past weekend to hang out at Uncle Toms Cabin. It was a good time and the snow was nice and deep. Thread can be found here. Here are some pictures of my truck (teasers), I'll post more when I get a chance. My rear locker was giving me some issues and I have no idea why. I couldn't get the thing to engage if my life depended on it. Certain times my buds would tell me both rears were spinning, then they weren't. I'll have to do some diagnostics next weekend when I have free time...

Getting in the fresh stuff.

Towing out a stuck Jeep :toothless This guy ended up breaking his front D44 u-joint and wallowing out the shaft.

You like my new beadlocks? I was aired down to 10 psi this weekend :rockon

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
nice snow wheeling!
Thanks, it was my first time in the snow and it was fantastic!

Looks great! Well done. Sorry to hear the electronic locker is giving you trouble.
I am too man. I checked it out today and it is definitely not engaging. I can't hear the relay switching over like the front one does. I haven't had a chance to get a voltmeter in the mix and figure out where power is lost. Both lockers are wired to the same "key-on" fuse in my fuse block, so thats still working. Its pretty annoying to say the least...

very nice Stan, you going to add one on the other side too?
Probably not. I don't see the point of two shackles on the front besides for looks; plus I only cut out one longer mount since I was in a hurry and I have other more important projects to get done on my truck than adding another shackle mount. You can purchase my old one if you want to do the same thing I did. You'll just have to mount it farther out on the frame rail and maybe tap the bumper in a smidge, depending on how far out you get it on the bumper.... :whiteflag

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks good :thumbup

That paint is great, found that color a couple years ago and been doing a lot of parts with it. Actually the driver's quarter on my bronco is that color haha.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,285 Posts
Orchard Supply Hardware ;) Its like Lowe's. Its just Rustoleum Hammered, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
gotcha, we dont have orchard down here...but hopefully lowe's or home depot will have it. im gonna paint the hubs on my car when i get back and I really like that look.

Heres some more pictures from the trip:

stan, there is a reason why all the other trucks are on the right side of the road :toothless

Its a pillow :whiteflag
i thought it was a giant bag of peas :duh

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
gotcha, we dont have orchard down here...but hopefully lowe's or home depot will have it. im gonna paint the hubs on my car when i get back and I really like that look.

stan, there is a reason why all the other trucks are on the right side of the road :toothless
Lowes should carry it.

Well you see, our leader was stopping ever 5 minutes and popping his hood open to do something so I got kind of bored. It was the perfect opportunity for me to test my lockers and tow point, plus it was fun and entertaining. I made it about 50 feet in the fresh stuff, then got stuck and found out my rear locker wasn't working. I had another 15-20 feet to go and I would have been home free :toothless

·
Runnin you over
672 Posts
Hey Stan, your head lights look pretty bright... Are they stock style bulbs or HID?

241 - 260 of 882 Posts