Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Stan, I very much like your truck! You should get "AEV" wheels. They make them in 5x5.5 lug patterns (I think?)

Please note: mad Buffalo center cap.
Those are Pintlers (sp). The backspacing is custom tailored to Jeeps (you tell them what size tire you're running when you order) so that they'll get as close as possible without rubbing. They're pretty much the cream of the crop as far as wheels go...the only thing that really compares are Walker Evans 'locks...

I think they do come in 5x5.5.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Eww I got a new squeal coming from my front end. I honestly think it has to do with the brakes or something in the hub. It comes randomly, not just when Im braking, which is weird. I was just in the hubs about a month ago after I installed my front locker... and before then I had no squeal. Seems weird to me considering I made sure I packed the bearings with synthetic grease and lubed up the hub well.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,357 Posts
Check the brakes then.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Eww I got a new squeal coming from my front end. I honestly think it has to do with the brakes or something in the hub. It comes randomly, not just when Im braking, which is weird. I was just in the hubs about a month ago after I installed my front locker... and before then I had no squeal. Seems weird to me considering I made sure I packed the bearings with synthetic grease and lubed up the hub well.
Werent you out in the sand a few weeks ago? I always had to take my front end apart after a weekend in the sand that shit gets everywhere and sucks to remove.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Werent you out in the sand a few weeks ago? I always had to take my front end apart after a weekend in the sand that shit gets everywhere and sucks to remove.
Yeah I was in the sand a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to take a look at it on Saturday. Thanks for the advice! :thumbup

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
I called Ford today and they told me they dont sell OE pads or rotors anymore. All they have is Motorcraft which are $55 for all 4. Im pretty sure the Motorcraft pads would be better than the pads I can get from Napa (right?)

JBG sells rotors with the hub assembly already in place for $80 each. Thats not a bad price, but I have no idea what the brand is. Depending on price, Im considering buying the rotor with the hub already on it to make my life easier. I really dont want to be messing with pressing the hub on the new rotor because if trend follows my truck, something will not cooperate with me. (*knock on wood*). Ford said Motorcraft rotors only would be ~$100 each.

So what do you guys think?

And here are the best pictures I could take of my rotors to show the scoring. Doesnt look too bad right?

Worst case scenario, I can bleed my brakes and fix the master cylinder and replace the pads this weekend. Come back in a couple more weeks and swap out the rotors, since Im really tight on money now that school started and I got a new job. Anybody see any problems this would create with the new pads (running on the stock semi-scored rotors)?

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,040 Posts
If you don't replace your pads and rotors at the same time, you'll have junk pads by the time you replace your rotors.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Alright, I have a little update. As most of you know by now, I'm running for FOTM October. I was having problems getting my pictures off my Mac and onto Photobucket, but all is well now. I will be whoring shortly and I hope you guys vote for me. :drinkbud

Anyways, on to the real update... I stopped by Ford today and picked up some new Rotors (with hub assemblies already installed) and brake pads. I decided I would play it on the safe side and not just "turn" the rotors, because they are 12 years old and quite possibly could be warped. Pictures to follow :thumbup

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Alright, I have a little update. As most of you know by now, I'm running for FOTM October. I was having problems getting my pictures off my Mac and onto Photobucket, but all is well now. I will be whoring shortly and I hope you guys vote for me. :drinkbud

Anyways, on to the real update... I stopped by Ford today and picked up some new Rotors (with hub assemblies already installed) and brake pads. I decided I would play it on the safe side and not just "turn" the rotors, because they are 12 years old and quite possibly could be warped. Pictures to follow :thumbup
I bet that was a pretty penny.:shocked

41 - 60 of 882 Posts