Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 885 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Heres those pictures I promised:

I also had to go out and buy these seals, I didnt realize there were seals in the back of the inner wheel bearing. I should have known better though since I've taken the front apart probably 5 times.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=NOS&PartNumber=23276&Description=Wheel+Seal+-+Front+Wheel
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=NOS&PartNumber=25009&Description=Wheel+Seal+w/+Boot+-+Front+Wheel

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Uh... school, walmart and Subway a couple of times :toothless
:histerica

Wow, you're really packing some trips on that thing.:toothless

An "AEV" would have been nice about 5 yrs ago when gas was still around a $1.50 or something. but these days I ain't "expeditioning" anywhere, just too expensive, even as gas has backed off to around $3.60. It's up to the nearest trails and then back home.:cry

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
:histerica

Wow, you're really packing some trips on that thing.:toothless

An "AEV" would have been nice about 5 yrs ago when gas was still around a $1.50 or something. but these days I ain't "expeditioning" anywhere, just too expensive, even as gas has backed off to around $3.60. It's up to the nearest trails and then back home.:cry
I feel your pain :cry Its not really what it is now, but what its becoming. I plan on going across the states/wheeling either this summer or next (no matter the price of gas).

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
make sure you stop in PA

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wasnt too bad actually. $150 for the rotor with hub, bearing races, and ABS tooth thing all put together and $50 for the set of pads. I'm not the type of person to go cheap on brakes ;)
Im very surprised they were'nt more. I dont go cheap eather. The ranger and couger both have new rotors, bearing, and ceramic pads. When I get around to doing the bronco I plan on getting slotted rotors from LMC and ceramic pads.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,568 Posts
Where are you getting the money from?
Stealing Social Security checks out of some poor granny's mailbox?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Its a good thing I got new brakes, my old pads were cutting it close. More pictures to follow but overall Im happy and it was money well spent. No noise coming from the brakes, firmer pedal, better stopping power and yeah... keeps me feeling safe. Part 2 is F350 parts like I already mentioned but thats a couple of paychecks away.

Ooooo Pretty

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Little updates on the build...

I won FOTM last month! (thanks for the support!)
Did a big cleanup and mild trail run in the Sierras a couple of weeks ago (and averaged 15MPG the whole trip)
and I have developed a battery problem.

Stan on UC4x4.com said:
The past couple of nights my battery gauge has been reading really low. Just probably around 10v on the gauge where its usually a steady 13. This morning when I drove to school, it was reading even lower; like border line 8. I looked at the cluster and noticed the RED battery light was on (this was when I was driving 65ish). When I came to a stop at the light on 7th and whatever that 280 exit is, the light went off and the gauge went back up to around 12v. I had no lights on, the AC was off; the only accessory on was the radio.

WTF is going on here?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
that is an alternator problem unfortunalty
I went ahead and took out the alternator from my buddies 93 F150 project and put it in mine for a temporary solution. It seems to have solved the problem on the ride home (8 miles) and pulled a consistent 13.7v. Im going to order a 160a 3G (direct swap in late models) along with some Mil-spec terminals and the 2g recharge cable from Ryan's (Fireguy50) website. It should be good maintenance as well as a nice upgrade.

61 - 80 of 885 Posts