Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 160 of 882 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,750 Posts
So heres some recent work I've been doing:

1. I thought about getting my extended brake lines and F350 brake stuff but then decided against it due to the fact that I was recently laid off and could use the money elsewhere.
2. Went down to Ford and picked up the cruise control/brake switch. Swapped out the old leaky one and put in the new one. Badabing badaboom I have cruise control back :rockon
3. Ordered up some new front Spicer 760x for the front end, some wheel bearings, and a spindle repair kit (bearing and seals). The only parts that I really needed out of the three were spindle seals, but the price was right and I've been trying to get my hands on spare parts for a while now. I'll be installing the new stuff after Pismo and keeping the old joints and bearings as trail spares.
4. Finally got around to fixing my leaky rear differential. The plug welds were NOT leaking; it was just a mixture of an awful RTV gasket job and super loose bolts :doh0715: I ordered up one of those recommended LubeLocker gaskets and that thing means business. I threw that on the truck tonight along with some Loctite BLUE and actually torqued the bolts down to spec this time. I'm letting the Loctite sit over night and will fill it up with my Mobil1 gear oil in the morning.
5. I have my front shackle mounts ready to go onto the frame rails. I just need to drill some 1/2" holes on the frame rails and hack the bumper up.
6. I got some tubing bent for my sliders. Only thing is the tubing is 2" .120 wall which wasnt my first choice, but then again you cant complain with free bent to spec tubing either.
7. I might go a different route with my rear bumper build. Im really not a fan of the size and the weight of what I have in the garage now. Im thinking 1.75" or 2" round that will wrap around the sides for quarter panel protection. Similar idea as GKR's but it'll be totally different.

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
After seeing your pics, your voice doesn't fit your face or body.

stans a fag, if you go camping with him, he will give it up after one drink

dont pay any attention to him

i would do the seals before pismo, if there not sealing properly then theres going to be a good mess for you to clean up when u get back:twak

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,750 Posts
Pismo Beach was a blast and the truck held up just as expected. The truck truly is living up to its theme. Although it doesn't excel in anything in particular, it has taken me just about everywhere I have wanted it to go and done so with comfort and ease.

I cruised down to Pismo and back at 70 MPH and got 16 MPG each way. On the beach, it was mo' skinny pedal and I got a staggering 4.3 MPG over the 4 days on the beach :histerica Here's a couple of pictures from the trip...

Gotta get some air under the tires... Not the biggest one of the trip, but there's never a camera when you need it.

And for reference, I'm the sexy guy on the right...

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,976 Posts
Good news, since I installed that LubeLocker gasket and some blue locktite on all the bolts my 8.8 hasn't leaked :chili:
WOO HOO!! high five. I wish my junk was as dependable as yours. I really like your rig Stan.

keep them comin`---pics and updates

141 - 160 of 882 Posts