Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
488 Posts
If a wiggle of the wires going to the distributor fixed it, I would suspect your ICM (attached to the distributor) would be your issue. I've had those ICMs get old and the glue starts to peel off the distributor leading to intermittent engine issues. I'll bet if you replace the ICM everything will be great. Use some dielectric grease when you do it, usually comes in the package.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the remote mounted ICM on the fender. Replaced it about 5 times! Lol. I also gave another push on the ECU harness plug at the firewall to make sure it was seated. Idk what did what but it fired up. I still want to check the timing. I’m new to all this so I need a timing gun and then I’ll try to figure it out. The truck still wants to stall at start up unless I give it a little gas. I also notice it doesn’t seem smooth at low speed cruising….like 30-35 mph. Just like a faint lack of steady power? Otherwise it running fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Solved! Replaced my distributor (first time ever) and all my vacuum lines. Runs like a champ now! It must have been the pip sensor. Thanks for all your help guys!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts