Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really, thats what it does. i start it up and it squeals unless i choke down the idle speed. when the RPMs go up a little it squeals and when they go up more i get a second squeal. i had a guy say rub bar soap on the belts. i did that. i dont think its a belt squeal, it goes away after a while. then if i turn it off while i go in a store and start it again, there it is again. just for about 5-7 minutes. i used some zerex lubricant. nno luck... any thoughts? is this normal for a water pump going out. thats where the sound seems to originate, that pulley. the fan shaft is nice & tight. theres a slight bit of play. very little so i dont think thats it. i would replace it if thats what it is, but im not sure if thats it. thanks, AXE

its my 79, w/ 460, saginaw pump. its new, but reman. i have coolers on the p/s & tranny. the fluid is full all across the board. oil, tranny, T-case & diff, p/s, radiator...

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Does that truck have power steering? I assume we're talkin about the 79? If it does, yu may want to check the fluid. I've seen a few pumps go out due to leaks, and people not knowing. If the pumps bearings are goin, it would squeak pretty loud.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they seem to be fine. thru all the mods i have kept the same pulleys & the alternator had a v-groove too so i think they are all good. i had a guy tell me to get 1/2" belts. i will see what works & let you know. keep posting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts