Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started bronco body removal to make way for F250 Cab today. Other User Ox and 2 other cats came out to help with the removal.
to give you some back ground on this project... I have an 85 FS Bronco. This truck is primarily used for wheelin and just plain fun. I am more than 1/2 way thru a Radious Arm D60 SAS.The truck is a rust bomb and I never cared since its strickly forwheelin. However to the local authorities I have an inoperable vehicle that has to be stored properly on my property and should always be on 4 wheels:whip. I also have an 86 f250 I am not doing alot with since funds are low. The truck has something wrong with the motor and I dont have time to fix so since the insurance is paid... well you understand.

Last Look at Bronco

Last look at F250

Front Clip Removed In One Piece, Doors are also removed Passenger Side

Front Clip and Door removed Drivers Side

Now with the Front clip and doors removed.. I have better access to remove Steering Column, Clutch Cluster, Brake Booster, and other hard to reach items

Ox wheelin :cool:

Some more rot

More rot and Me torchin The roof

More of the rear rot

now we took out all body bolts to see if the they would come off without resistance, put back in to somewhat stabilize while climbing all over this thing

Surveying First Cuts Through Roof

Continuing line... dont ask cause I forgot to wear them.. I had on later just not yet...

ROOF IS OFF:clap

Discussing next cut with ox and next job for the boys

Starting larger than usuall quarter removal

SAS? with out front clip? Left side

SAS without front clip right side

Right quarter comin off, No pushin it fell by it self as planned:rockon

Front Clip Off the former F250

We took the electric and brake booster/cylinder off too of F250.

Front clip on ground IFO former F250 in one piece

Left quarter fallin off in a lager than usuall chunk

Floors removed, rear first then the front... now were working on the firewall/windshield... was gonna save the windshield only to find frozen mud pact under trim and three small cracks that just hadn't spread yet:banghead

what body?:shrug

everything in the back of the former F250 except the firwall... That mother is heavy lol

I am gonna need some help gettin that bad boy in the back of the former
F250, Ox and Jim left around 4:30 this was taken about 5:30

Last pick of cleared frame

By 6:15 the tools were up and the front yard was a mess... I will have to clean up tomorrow:duh

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks like you had a blast with the torch!

I want to see someone put a F350 4 door cab on a bronco and the little bit of frame that would stick out in the rear would be a cool tool box spot.

anyone ever try that?

·
Registered
604 Posts
damn bro that things going smoothly so far.....the whole thing should be a breeze by the 21st when were all there to help :thumbup

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanx all... Ox kept sayin that it seemed like it was movin smoothly.. I never tried anything like this before in this manner. helped out with a two K5's a while back and they were more detailed and less torching.

Yeah Gabe, I hope that it will be a breeze on the 21st now.

I would like to think if someone was paying me for yesterday I would have gotten just as far if not farther.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks good in a mess of a way

·
Super Moderator
25,833 Posts
yo, great work guys!
are you also placing pics in a SF file?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
XLTChris said:
Looks like you had a blast with the torch!

I want to see someone put a F350 4 door cab on a bronco and the little bit of frame that would stick out in the rear would be a cool tool box spot.

anyone ever try that?
I thought about trying for an extended cab, but I'd have to cut wheelwells into the back to clear the tires, and I didn't want to take the extra time. For a crew cab, you'd probably have to make new doors and all that good stuff, much, much harder. Be neat to see, though. :thumbup

Great to see yours is coming along great! I think mine would be going a little faster, but I used this as an excuse to fix literally everything else on the truck that I could that was broken ... loooooong list. :brownbag

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chuck said:
Great to see yours is coming along great! I think mine would be going a little faster, but I used this as an excuse to fix literally everything else on the truck that I could that was broken ... loooooong list. :brownbag
well yeterday I noticed alot of lil things that I can do till the weekend I am putting the F250 cab on... Multiple bolts that need tightenin, I can finish my sas on the d60 once I get O2 refilled. I can remove my out board body mounts, relocate the rear shackles. Like I said though its bunch of lil stuff. I may even add my 205 in there but didnt want the cost of the shaft replacement just yet.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
i could have used that roof from your bronco. bummer , nice progress though

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
piney fab said:
The 21st Kev. give me a call 609 744 5461 if ya need directions. Ox isnt comin back as far as I know and he's helpin Jon the 22nd
Actually I will be working on it saturday... gotta get the interior gutted to fit clutch and steerin column, get body mount bolts accessible and finish the SAS.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts