Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started linking the scary jeep.
need to hurry up and work my as off on it so i get it off my hoist as soon as possible, as my side work usually requires it, and thats what makes me the $$ for this expensive hobby i have.
3 link front, triangulated 4 link rear.
front is getting another 3" of WB, so total WB will end up at 106", damm near perfect bronco WB

poor oil pan

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,744 Posts
nice patch job on the oilpan :toothless You gonna fix it after the front axle goes forward or just leave it?

I dont remember...what was the drivetrain in this one?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, jeep sat all sun and monday, just got back form a snowbaord trip, so back to work on it tommrow night.
4.0 fuel injected, 5 speed, dana 300 thats geared, twinsticked, and flipped, mog 404's, 40" boggers, on usa 6x6 double beadlocks.

plan of action is TJ sized 5-6 inch lift coils on the front, and not shure on the rear yet, possibly coilvers do to frame interferrance for fitting an outboarded loarge coil, and not enough clearence under the frame for a inboardred coil. might notch and narrow the rear rail, but that will take a decent amount of rear fab work to reattach the body, bumpers, and crossmembers.
my plan is to have 14" of travel at each corner at the shocks.

my 4 link is gonna be odd though, dont even plan on removing the tries at all during the build! may have to take the rears off though to fix the rear shitty brakes. has drums, for now and a while till i recoupe more $$. 3 trail only rigs make me go broke.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice patch job on the oilpan :toothless You gonna fix it after the front axle goes forward or just leave it?
probably gonna have to leave it! those mog portals are HUGE in the pinions and will probably still require it. hell, still holds over 5 qts, good enough for it.

am picking up a 89 f350 4x4 dup truck this week. has a 460 in it, and guees twhat, 16K miles on the whole truck. was a school owned plow truck that plowed the lot in the winter. so for $500 i picked up a d60 fornt, and a good runner low mile 460, that would be perfect to throw into the jeep sometime down the road.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
front links on, and good!!!
need 14" shocks, 22" limit straps, and 3 bumpstops. 2 6" ones for under the frame rails, and heavy one under the grill to stop the axle from smacking th eoil pan in case of wheelies. as the upper links and there mounts will want to wipe out the harmonic balancer, and the starter if it where to bottom straight out! im gonna build a large bracket on the frotn of the pumpkin for a heavy non coolapsible bumpstop to hit just before it would smash those things.
all i need to do is final welding on the axle links, and to gusset both upper links, and to box in my uppper truss on monday.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Jeep looks good Zach... I'm interested to see how well it wheels.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts