Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I need to replace my starter soon, and since I would like to get headers in the not too distant future, I was wondering if this would be a good time to buy one of those hi-torque ministarters. I was looking at the Summit catalog and there is one from ford racing that runs for $160. Should I get it to make things easier later on, or can I get one of the less expensive replacement starters from NAPA and still have many options for headers later on?
Thanks for your comments.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
I got a CSR mini. Love it, and its clockable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically what I mean to ask is if I can install some short headers with a stock-size starter, or will it give me trouble later on. If there won't be any problems, I can then just get a remanufactured starter, save $100 and swap the starter out today. If most people with headers get mini starters however, I might as well do that now that I need the starter.
Again, thanks for the input!

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
No harder to change the starter with shortys than it is from the factory. I would wait till you have starter trouble to upgrade.

Edit-------------------------------------------------------------
The regular starter will work just fine with shorty headers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, that's great then! I will save $100 and put it towards the new exhaust fund. I will get a remanufactured one from NAPA. thanks for the help.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Dear VitaminB,
I was wondering if you could help me out. Im trying to figure out why every single day of the year somebody has to post a question in the tech write ups forum. Why is that???? Is it the word Installs?? because you want to install headers and a starter??? Is that it? PLease let me know, because I am getting annoyed and im sure Plug is even more having to move threads all day long.
A perplexed,
81Bronk36

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
So it should have been in the Repair and Tech help forum. Chill and let the mods move it and possibly pm the new guys in a tactful manner.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
vitaminB said:
Hi guys,
I need to replace my starter soon, and since I would like to get headers in the not too distant future, I was wondering if this would be a good time to buy one of those hi-torque ministarters. I was looking at the Summit catalog and there is one from ford racing that runs for $160. Should I get it to make things easier later on, or can I get one of the less expensive replacement starters from NAPA and still have many options for headers later on?
Thanks for your comments.
Ain't no need for a smaller starter

look at how much room I got "by" installing a better Y-pipe. It actualy got better after the Summit's shorty headers;

Sixlitre

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
BlueBronco said:
So it should have been in the Repair and Tech help forum. Chill and let the mods move it and possibly pm the new guys in a tactful manner.
I dont know what I like better in this forum, seeing all the sweet stuff people put on there broncos or harrassing people that cant read forum topics.
It was a serious question, I really wanna know if there is a way to word the title of the forum so it wont happen, its so annoying.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Dear VitaminB,
I was wondering if you could help me out. Im trying to figure out why every single day of the year somebody has to post a question in the tech write ups forum. Why is that???? Is it the word Installs?? because you want to install headers and a starter??? Is that it? PLease let me know, because I am getting annoyed and im sure Plug is even more having to move threads all day long.
A perplexed,
81Bronk36

im suprised it went as far as it did without someone saying it is the wrong forum

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
NOT A TECH WRITE UP!!!! did you not read the description of what needs to be posted in the tech write up section? its not a place for general questions!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Dear VitaminB,
A perplexed,
81Bronk36
take a look at the munber of posts he has. 19!! hes new. give him a sec to figure it out. i dont think he came here knowing from the start which question or comment should go into which forum. i didnt, alot of peopl came in here not knowing. like bluebronco said, pm him and settle.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Ive managed to find my way around Corral.net and TCCA in the last 6-8 months without posting a question in the wrong forum, not that im special or anything I just happen to be on here A LOT and I aint AMMO.... Im better:rockon

I hate seeing that crap and it really happens every single day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts