Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i started my truck this morning (clutch in, shifter in first) i got a quite awefull grinding noise... i immediately took it out of gear and let off the clutch, it stopped grinding, but when i depress the clutch and try to put it in gear it grinds again.
i shut the truck off and when i turned it back on everything had returned to normal.

the second time it occured i just shut the truck off like before to try again but when i turned it back on the Brake warning light and the ABS light came on and stayed on, i drove and my brakes felt fine. the lights went away the next time i turned the truck on.

the third and final time this grinding noise occured, instead of turning the car off it seems i just turned the key back a click and the noise went away.. as if my key was stuck in the "start" position, but i dont remember having this option the first two times.
it is a rather high pitched grinding noise, almost like a starter gear... i thought i may be having the same symptoms as Baldkrys was having with his starter that wouldnt stop. the deal with my ignition switch also made me think this, yet since mine also had to do with the clutch and trying to go into gear i decided to create a new post

thanks all!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i still have no clue as to what this is :shrug
hasnt done it all day so i cant really check it out... i would be happy if it never happened again :D

any ideas anyone:confused:

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Sounds like it could be a bad starter or ignition switch to me.....Fog

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 93 EB cruiser
361 Posts
if it always follows the clutch then it's probably a worn throwout bearing behind the clutch

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it only happened that one day and hasnt happened again... no clue but im not worried about it for now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts