Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if a loose bolt(the bottom one) on the starter would cause the bronco to not start. All I wa getting was a tick tick. I sounded like the starter was gone. I tightened the bolt ad it starter twice but I am afraid to leave the driveway incase I can`t get it started once I shout it off.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
625 Posts
Just wondering if a loose bolt(the bottom one) on the starter would cause the bronco to not start. All I wa getting was a tick tick. I sounded like the starter was gone. I tightened the bolt ad it starter twice but I am afraid to leave the driveway incase I can`t get it started once I shout it off.
if you notice you only have one wire/cable leading to/connected to your starter (the power wire)...the circuit path/return has to come through your chasis back to the negitive post on the battery.....in other words, the starter gets its ground through its mounting...if your starter is loose because one or two bolts are loose or your connections are dirty you may not have an effective ground path and that will certainly inhibit your starter from working....if it was your power wire that was loose..well same thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it only has one wire. That must have been the problem because it seem to be cranking over just fine now. Thanks for the fast responce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts