Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my truck yesterday and had a clicking noise. I opened the hood to find out it was this
. I'm going to try cleaning all the terminals (see I did search) and try using another battery to start it, but if I have to replace it is this part the relay? And another thing is sometimes I can hit it and it stops clicking but it still wont start? Anything else I should try? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
231 Posts
its your starter solenoid. clean the term. then charge the battery up, if that doesnt work and it just keeps making noise, replace it with a good one. read (not from the zone) otherwise they dont last very long

·
Registered
34 Posts
clean the conections than if the solenoid is clicking (the part betwen the batery and the starter) when you turn the key, than take the wire that goes to the starter off normaly the one on the right off and touch it to the other side or the wire that goes to the batery and see if the starter turns on (it will spark but it is ok) if it does nothing than it is not the solenoid.

than check the wires. try a known good batery, than if those dont fix it than take the sarter off and have it tested at a part store

O and take a short piece of wire and touch it betwen the batery and the small red wire on the solenoid will turn the solenoid on

let me know:thumbup

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
if all else fails take a hammer and tap it, as the teminals inside it can "weld" together esp when its a cheapo, so if you have some 1 turn the key while tapping it, it may help. cause my 87 f350 does the same thing, just it tends to stick in the on position (starter keeps going) sometimes it wont engage and that the prob too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts