Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I had one quick question. I have a multimeter, and decided to see if I could figure out why my truck won't crank. First, I tested the battery--12V, then I tested the bolt closest to the firewall on the starter--12V, then I tried the adjacent bolt, close to the front of the truck and it read 0V. Granted I have no clue what I am doing, but does that mean I have a bad starter? Thanks for your help, I'm really an amateur at this stuff.

Jeff

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
Does it do anything? Try tripping the solenoid, if it cranks the solenoid is the problem, not the starter.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Pull your starter its easy. Then take jumper cables and hook them up to the battery and connect the positive to the starter connection and touch the starter with the ground. You will know if your starter is bad then for sure. I did the same. Hold it tight when you give it the power because it will scare the crap out of you if it works. I ended up figuring out that were the wires clip on the starter were just dirty and once cleaned it worked fine. You could do that first I guess instead of pulling the starter. They just unplug and clean the contacts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts