Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading my batery going from 530 CCA to 900 CCA, called all the local parts stores and no problems finding what I want.

Now the last place I called told me that I shouldn't do this. The partsman told me that a stock Starter Relay will not hold up under this kind of Amperage. Can anyone tell me if this is right or is the partsman blowing smoke up my rear?

But of course he did have a extreamly heavy duty stater relay for the mere price of 82 bucks.
Can anyone give me some advice please.
Thanks!
Rob

'85 XLT, 5.8L H.O., C6, NP208, 9"(350) D44 "31 10.5 15"

·
Registered
402 Posts
Use the old one untill you have a problem, which I doubt you ever will. I use the stock one and a 1000 amp batt

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Steve83 said:
He's an idiot, and you can quote me on that when you see him again. You might install a battery CAPABLE of pushing out thousands of amps, but it will only put out what the starter NEEDS.

i said that to the parts store guy when he told me you couldnt test the TPS. went like this.

me: hey you got a really long wire for a voltmeter and some aligator clips

parts guy: for what?

me: i want to check the TPS in my truck and i need a longer wire

parts guy: you cant test the TPS

me: Well Steve83 says your an idiot and that you can, and i walked out.

hahahaha not really but when they tell me something i know is true, like we cant scan for codes unless there is a CEL. im going to say "steve said your an idiot"

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
:stupid

Do the Earth a favor and kick that parts counter guy in the teeth.
:lowblow :twak :slap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts