Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ride and have never done any type of 4 wheeling in the past. I'd like to get my truck out there and have a little fun, but don't want to get in over my head.

My ride is stock with some AT 33s. Is there anywhere I can go and do some light wheeling? Preferably on the west side.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All those trails mention in that thread recommend more than what I've got for a minimum rig. Those trails are pretty far out of town as well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Me and my buddies usually go to Table Mesa Rd. and mess around out there.
It's an easy place to get too and only takes like 15-20min from I17 and Cactus(where i live). Just take I17 North to Table Mesa Rd.(think it's like 10 min north of Carefree highway). Always have a fun trip out there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can also do the Crown King round about, the road is easy but there are some side roads that you can cut your teeth on.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
LaNeR88 said:
It's an easy place to get too and only takes like 15-20min from I17 and Cactus(where i live). Just take I17 North to Table Mesa Rd.(think it's like 10 min north of Carefree highway). Always have a fun trip out there.
probably your best bet. there are lots of dirt roads and a few washes to play in.

dont get to set on stuff close totown, its all going away as fast as they can shoe horn houses in everywhere

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LaNeR88 said:
Where is the trail once you take the Table Mesa Rd. exit?

SuperBlue said:
You can also do the Crown King round about, the road is easy but there are some side roads that you can cut your teeth on.
Where is that at?

Thanks for the input. I'm just getting into this and don't know anything really.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Get off at the Table Mesa Rd. exit, then I usually take a left(you can go right too), then take your first right, then you follow the road about 1/4 mile and it turns into a dirt road, after this you can go where ever. It forks either right or left, left takes you down to the back of Lake Pleasant, but there are other trails down there along the way.

If you go right at the fork it takes you down to the river, also fun to explore trails down there.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
crown king is a insanely long trail....Its a few miles from the turn off to the actual trailhead then its somehting like 32miles to crownking up the mountain, not to mention the 20 or so miles of washboard road from hell coming down the front road back to the highway.

·
0 Posts
Hey you should look into getting a 4x4 trail book for AZ. There are 2 different ones out there. Lemme see if i can find a link.

Edit, found em.

Lookey here

I have the pink one that is recommended on this page as well, i would go with the backcountry adventures if i was going to choose.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
One word of warning if you go in to the lake on Table Mesa Rd., make sure you pay at the box at the top of the hill. It was an $85.00 fine when I didn't. The Law has been in there heavy lately.

And Dustin it's 28 miles of wash board road from hell coming down the front way. I grew up up there.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info. I'm getting excited about getting into this.

qcbronc - I might just take you up on that. I'm busy with family in town for the next few weeks, but I'll keep that in mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts