Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new starter to put on the bronco and i was told its supposed to have to wires going to it, but mine only has 1 big wire going to it that a little bolt holds in. I was wondering if i am missing a wire because my motor will not crank over since i put the 460 in.
thanks alot
justin

·
Registered
29 Posts
i am kinda new but i am bought 100% sure u have to have a wire goin to the starter make sure u got the right starter for the motor.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Sounds like you got the wrong starter. Usually, and someone will have to help me here with the years, the starter only has the fat red wire, the solinoid is on the firewall where the little wire goes to. Its been over a year since I swaped my starter, so I dont remember exactly how they look.

Good luck...
Andrew

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i turn the key over to start, it just clicks once and nothing, sometimes don't click at all, and when i turn my key to run, my dash all works but when i switch to run, it all goes off and don't come on when i let off the key. I got one big wire running to the starter and a little bolt holds it on the starter.
thanks for the suggestions
justin

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Check your ground and postitive connections...sounds like a bad ground, maybe at the block.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got the 460 in and wasn't sure where to bolt the ground to, so i just put a bolt in the front of the block, is this the best place or is there a better place?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Any place thats a direct contact to the engine block..Its usually on the side. Make sure its CLEAN and tight. Also might want to add a cable from the block to the frame.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You definitely have a bad electrical connection somewhere. Check all battery connections: both battery posts, positive lead to solenoid, solenoid lead to starter, starter connection, and negative ground on block. Also check the cables themselves and make sure there isn't any corrosion or breaks in them. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts